Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   12:45:13 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Lyme Aid
Posted By: Texasfan
7/11/2013 11:40:30 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thank you ReAnn for sharing your story which was very informative . I admit I know nothing about it nor anyone that has been diagnosed here in the Dallas area, but that might be due to all the limitations by Drs. and insurance. I pray God's blessings for your quest and your healing. (Thanks to J.L. too for sharing with us.)
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10004

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 7/11/2013 1:29:51 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You learn something new everyday in medicine.There are lots of ticks in South Africa.Still Malaria,TB and AIDS kills a lot more than tick bite diseases.Thanks Jerry for a great article and also praying for ReAnn.

Anton.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10005

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 7/11/2013 2:46:21 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

thank you for this personal story on lyme disease. i was 10 years getting a diagnosis for lyme. i got lyme in the mid 80's and it was the mid 90's befor i got diagnosed and knew what was wrong withme. much damage was already done and even today it is still hard to get a proper diagnosis. i can relate so much to this story. i had the bulls eye rash and the sickness that i went to so many dr.s to find out what was wrong. it was demeaning to say the least to have so many medical people tell you that you are a hypochondriac. it drove me nuts.  i had to travel a long way to find a lyme literate dr and get a diagnosis.  a friend fom my town had lyme and dragged me to this dr with her.  i have chronic lyme and the med profession can argue themselves in a circle as to whether it exists or not. i know it does.  god gets me through each day and some days are good days and somedays are not. 

i will be praying for you reann - and am glad you finally got a diagnosis - i also take an active part in controlling my diet, and lifestyle so that i can function the best i can . i thank the lord he is with us to help us through each day. god bless you and you too jerry for bringing this information to us.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10006

Posted By: RodChaffey -
Date: 7/11/2013 2:55:41 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you for your informative article. Northern Australia (where I live) also has numerous varieties of dangerous ticks. I've been bitten a number of times by cattle ticks (very venomous) and grass ticks (which can transmit scrub typhus). I do suffer (long term) from some of the symptoms described in your article, but have never associated them with Lyme's - until today. The disease is virtually unknown in this country, but I did notice literature on the problem in a pharmacy (drug store to you Americans), the other day. When the Lord Jesus Christ comes to take us home, these diseases (and all things that oppress us) will be remembered no more. Praise the Lord !!! We will pray for ReAnn. Rod
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10007

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 7/11/2013 3:44:13 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Anton. She has had a hard time of it, and some of her doctors aren't even sure now that it is Lyme. She is a very sick lady. Thanks for reading.  j

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10008

Date: 7/11/2013 3:44:50 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Than k you TexasFan. I sent ReAnn your comment and she was very appreciative. She is a very nice gal.  Jerry

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10009

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 7/11/2013 3:46:39 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: "Pull carefully, do not squeeze out the stomach as it can spill the bacteria, and send it in for testing."

I very much appreciate reading your story of dealing with these evil little vermin and I have a question for you. This being the worst "tick season" in eastern Virginia for the last 30 years, it seems my wife is constantly pulling ticks off of skin. Where and how, exactly, can you send them in for testing?
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10010

Date: 7/11/2013 3:47:14 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Martha and sorry to hear of your story. Many people don't even know about Lyme disease, and I didn't know much until I met ReAnn. She is such a champ. I will send your comment to ReAnn.  j

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10011

Date: 7/11/2013 3:51:59 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Rod. I knew very little about Lyme until I met ReAnn and she suffers so much on some days and then the next is better. It seems to be a never-ending cycle. I have sold a few books to friends in Australia and hope to get there one day before I assume room temperature! I have seen some beautiful photos. I will send your comment to ReAnn and thanks for reading.  jerry

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10012

Date: 7/11/2013 3:55:07 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks so much for reding and commenting. I will send your comments to ReAnn.  jerry

http://www.analyticalservices.com/tick-testing.html

http://whatislyme.com/where-do-i-send-a-tick-for-testing/

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 10017

Posted By: Greg -
Date: 7/12/2013 5:29:07 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I was diagnosed about 15 yrs ago. Fortunately within a few months of exposure. The Western Blot was the confirming test. My doctor had to prove that I was at high risk for the insurance company to approve the test which at the time cost $5000.00. I worked doing highway maintenance which includes grass cutting and walking miles of roadside for trash removal here in Maryland a high risk state. We regularly removed ticks from one another, many days by the dozens. The doctor still had to fight to get it...duh? I can't imagine how hard it would be getting approval nowadays and forget about it once OblatherCare kicks in.

I never saw a bull-eye rash but my doctor said that only occur's in less than 50% of cases. My reason for seeing the doctor was aching knees. He did some tests for arthritis and gave me some NSAID for pain. It didn't go away and seemed to be spreading throughout my body and I started experiencing SEVERE fatigue. It was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. As if someone pulled a cork on my heel and ALL of my energy spilled out. I was/am a type A hyper overdrive kinda guy and this was horrible and extremely depressing for me. My doctor (good doc) kept working the flow chart of diagnosis and realized I had all the symptoms of Lyme and tested me. Praise God! I was on Doxycycline for almost two years, with my titer (level of lyme antigen/antibodies)  steadily decreasing and finally to proper levels. Most of the arthritis symptoms improved greatly and my energy came back early in the course of anti-biotics. What concerns me now is my long term anti-botics use compromising my future need and effectiveness. I still have remnant damage in my knees, shoulders, elbows, back and neck. My neck and back have been exascerbated by a tree that bounced when falling and hit me in the head and neck two years ago.

This article has me concerned about Granuloma annulare as I have had a continual rash for many years that looks like I may have a mild to moderate case. Doctors have mentioned psoratic arthritis and psoriasis as possible causes. Bartonella is concerning me too. Now I have some info I can use when I see my doctor that maybe he is unaware of. Oh brother! I have been experiencing major insomnia, who knows maybe I can finally get some relief and completely put this bug bite behind me?

Thanks for the info, and prayers for you ReAnn!

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 10018

Date: 7/13/2013 6:40:54 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for writing your story Greg, and I sent your kind advice to ReAnn. Diagnosis seems to be the real dilemma with Lyme, or mis-diagnosis. Lyme and other blood-borne diseases don't seem to get much exposure for some reason. Dengue fever is invading Florida but I hardly ever see news about it.

I said a prayer for you that your battle with the bug will soon be a complete success. Thanks for responding.  jerry