Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, March 19, 2018   6:46:00 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Missional Myopia
Posted By: FrankButler
7/16/2013 1:08:39 PM

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Excellent article Wendy. I have told some friends about similar issues but they just either don't hear me or pay any attention. I will have to send a copy of your wonderful article to them. Thanks again.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10022

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 7/16/2013 7:01:27 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I was in the book store the other day looking at bibles. I've come to the conclusion the best bible is the one you actually read...

but what i noticed there was how many "bibles" had peoples names on them.  I felt profoundly sad that anyone would market the Holy Bible as if it were written or endorsed by someone. 

God Bless Wendy!!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10023

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 7/17/2013 9:41:26 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: As a frustrated, frequently angry, silenced, and misfit attender of a church that has in recent years deemed itself "missional", this commentary is printed from my hymnal. I thank you because it is well-written and brought together in a way that aids in right dividing of The Truth and I can share with others who also have eyes to see.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10025

Posted By: GeorgiaMiller -
Date: 7/17/2013 11:49:39 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Good article, Wendy.  Thanks!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10026

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 7/17/2013 1:17:46 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Your feeding the Flock Wendy, This one was T-Bone steak and potatoes!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10028

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 7/18/2013 4:43:29 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Excellent Wendy!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10030

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/18/2013 7:45:24 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

thanks Paul-- and I feel your pain. Thanks too Charles' I'be thinking somebody ought to start a church called the meat-lovers fellowship or something.  And I agree about the bibles with people's names on them.  For example, the message:  The Message, by Eugene Peterson.  Shouldn't that be a giant red flag?!!!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10033

Posted By: Texasfan -
Date: 7/18/2013 5:20:40 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: I pray this does give "food for thought", and does not fall on deaf ears as I share it.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10037

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 7/19/2013 1:43:43 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article Wendy!
I have a coworker who says the only true version of the Bible is the Catholic Church's translation. He says all other translations are not accurate (KJV,NKJV,NAS,AMP...)
And no amount of presenting him with facts such as this info presented here changes his view.
He says you must belong to the true church, which is the Cathloic church...I have shaken the dust off my feet and moved on to others who seek the Word of God as Paul and Jesus have presented it.
What do you say Wendy as to how to deal with this type of "Truth"???
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10041

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/21/2013 9:56:06 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Yeah, David-- the Catholic Church does a pretty good job of convincing its member that they have the market cornered on truth--the only thing that comes to mind is that God gave the Torah to Moses directly, and Jesus said that no yod or tittle would pass from it till all was fulfilled. Which kind of points to the Hebrew version as the infallible one.  And the NT obviously stems from that one.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 10043

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 7/21/2013 5:13:34 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks Wendy...I like that ...

Jesus and the Disciples were (ARE) all Jews!!!

Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Thanks for your response.