Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, June 23, 2018   12:42:16 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Peter  5 : 8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

When Facts Don't Really Matter
Posted By: JLRobb
7/19/2013 11:20:15 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great and very thought provoking. Will post on facebook.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10039

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 7/20/2013 5:11:50 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Alf, please accept my condolences on the loss of your cousin this past week.  As the eldest of our cousins (Mom's side) this brings to mind the loss of a male cousin 7 years ago, who was in his middle fifties.  All of our parents are gone, so I am the eldest person alive from Mom's side.  Hmmm.  Also, may I take this time to offer comfort in light of learning about your brother.  Even after many years have passed, the loss of loved ones lingers.  May God's grace continue to uphold/heal you/your family.

LOVE the quote from Paul:  "You can't teach nobody nothin'".  Quite an astute view from his fare all those years ago.  If you don't want to know somethin', that about sums up the results.  In Romans 1, the Apostle Paul clearly made that attitude clear.  (I'm reminded of the words spoken to King Saul when Samuel came to him after disobeying The LORD regarding not having destroyed all the Amalakites/stuff:  "For rebellion is as the sin of withcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry."  Saul's punishment was loss of the throne:  "Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He has also rejected you from being king."  1Samuel 15:23)

For those of us who have been shown The Truth, and have embraced it, Halleluyah!  We have so much for which to look forward now and into eternity.  While we go through the "groaning" spoken about in Romans 8, we do have The Comforter to Help us "through it to it".  Those who chose to "rebelliously and stubbornly" refuse the facts/ the truth have nothing good for which to look forward.  Sad, but true/factual.  ("But for the GRACE of GOD there go I" also comes to mind.  Ah, teachable moments;)

Thanking our Gracious and Good God for His "Amazing Grace" now and forever, Amen!!!

Thank you, Alf, for your always thoughtful/thought-provoking messages.  Shalom!

BTW:  Christians fighting Jews - isn't that an oxymoron-like situation?  Or suicide/fratricide?  Jesus was a Jew...don't these folks see that?  Having been raised Catholic, I saw no problem in Jesus being a Jew, and hello!, the First "Christian" - The Bridge between Jews/Gentiles, The Heavenly Father and sinful mankind.  Romans 9-11 speaks of the unity between us all (Jews/Gentiles/Christians) "in Christ".  Paul says there is "no Jew, no Gentile..." in Christ.  Certainly, those Jews who have not yet come to Christ for salvation, remain outside The Body of Christ, but still need our prayerful concern, not scorn nor castigation.  Carnal ignorance?  Fallen "helpers"/nature?  You name it, it's not of God, that's for sure.  One thing that IS for sure, is that The Godhead Alone knows "the truth, the whole truth" about each one of us down here.  Fallen man may try his hand at "justice", but without "the whole Truth", there is only One Righteous Judge, and a certain day of reckoning for us all when that day comes.  Mercy, Lord, how we need Your mercy...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10038

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 7/20/2013 9:01:37 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Or Louise Woodward who was found guilty of being British when evidence had been with-held. Since then a lot of 'baby-shaking' cases have been overturned because the medics know more and realise that serious injuries can be easily inflicted - even by jealous siblings. I know of another case where exactly that happened but Social Services were determined to convict the father. The Police, for once, had more sense.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10036

Posted By: Texasfan -
Date: 7/19/2013 1:15:06 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: me too, Alf
I sure hope I would!
Great food for thought!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10035

Posted By: PaulFlannigan -
Date: 7/19/2013 1:03:01 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I drove cab in an inner city neighborhood over 20 years ago. One phrase I remember was common, "You can't teach nobody nothin."