Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, June 21, 2018   3:00:32 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Syrian Frying-Pan Dilemmas
Posted By: Greg S/CG
9/6/2013 9:52:31 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks Alf for putting the situation on paper for us. At this point its very hard to say whats going to happen. It appears today that the Strike, Or whatever you want to call it is off. In 15 minutes it might be on again. We are in Limbo. SO we watch, wait and pray.
CG
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10247

Posted By: Phrank -
Date: 9/8/2013 8:55:59 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Article Alf.

I agree that BHO painted himself ,and by extension trying to paint the U.S., into a corner with his 'Red Line' speech a year ago on August 20, 2012. Now BHO said wasn't his idea a couple days ago, but congress, the UN and virtually everybody else but himself. It seems pretty clear to me in that speech back in 2012, it's only purpose was to make himself look strong to the world. Now we are finding, as expected thru careful word parsing by his spokesperson, that that dog is all bark and apparently a proportional bite since no one from our Allies and the UN is going to support him, to give someone else to blame when this goes horribly wrong.

Clearly, BHO has no vision or strategy for the Middle East beyond the baklava that is being served up when it's to his party or personal political benefit. With all the vacillations in policy, no one from the international arena trusts him to make global decisions. Additionally, fewer and fewer in the leadership in this country trust his international dealings. It sure seems that when faced with a choice that would further the US national interest, he nearly always makes the choice that goes against us.

The Syrian Rebels need the US in their fight. Some reports indicate that the rebels are losing against Assad and the force of the US military would tip the balance back in their favor. I’m not convinced that Assad used chemical weapons against the rebels since the proof of that is woefully lacking, all we have is the word of those who’s credibility is becoming/is questionable. As of the last couple days ago, the UN report has suggested that the rebels were the ones that used the weapons. In other words, the UN thinks the rebels used the chemical weapons on their own people. By doing this, trying to draw the US into the fight.

Since you are quoting movies,  ( ;-)  )
There are no good outcomes to whatever we (The US) do here. Do you remember the old movie “Wargames” with Matthew Broderick? I’m talking about the part at the climax of the movie when the computer is trying to figure out a winning scenario to win a nuclear war, the screens are flashing, the music is intense and leads up to a single blank screen with a conversation with the computer that ends with; “The only way to win is not to play”. With the current political climate that just doesn’t look viable.

The major down side to this is that US inaction puts pressure on Israel to act.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10245

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 9/7/2013 3:36:03 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Alf!With you 100% Tom!!The Lord will perform it.

Anton.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10244

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 9/6/2013 5:32:58 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for the article Alf.  To be totally honest with every one I don't know exactly what to pray for at this point.  If the Rapture in imminent and the Tribulation to follow what exactly are we praying for.  Things to speed up so we can get the heck out of here, peace comes to the Middle East, Obama suddenly accepts the Lord?  What?  It seems to me that this is just the tip of the iceberg and praying to rearange the deck chairs correctly on the Titanic is futile.  The sooner we move forward the sooner the inevitalbe Tribulation horror will end.  So I'm going to pray that the last name to be writtten in the Book of Life is penned soon and we can more forward to the coming of our Lord.  That is ultimately the best for mankind.  Maranatha!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10243

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 9/6/2013 4:26:23 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for a great article, Alf. It's a slow train wreck and we're forced to watch it unfold.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10241

Posted By: ja -
Date: 9/6/2013 11:18:44 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: "How long Oh Lord, how long does it take? Feels like we been waiting so long".
From my song, The Fryin Pan into the Fire
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10240

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 9/6/2013 10:12:02 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Alf for the excellent summation of the current situation and reminder of our need to be in earnest pray for all those in peril!!!

Meanwhile in eager anticipation of that coming glorious day when . . .

Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself:
for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light,
and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
Isaiah 60:20