Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, June 20, 2018   11:12:37 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 2
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Road to Damascus
Posted By: Carolee
9/12/2013 10:40:22 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
Psalm 6:3

O God, how long shall the adversary reproach?
shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
Psalm 74:10

LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?
Psalm 94:3

Praying that last lost lamb comes into the fold quickly and . . .

We shall see His lovely face,
Some bright, golden morning.
When the clouds have rifted,
And the shades have flown;
Sorrow will be turned to joy,
Heart-aches gone forever;
No more night, only light,
When we see His face.

God shall wipe away all tears,
Some bright, golden morning.
When the journey's ended,
And the course is run;
No more crying, pain or death,
In that home of gladness,
Trials cease, all is peace,
When we see His face.

We shall meet to part no more,
Some bright, golden morning;
At the gates of glory,
Where our loved ones stand;
songs of victory fill the skies;
in that hour of greeting,
Endless days, endless praise,
When we see His face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycz4s2xwDhc

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10273

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 9/12/2013 8:13:08 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Jerry, Thanks for bringing this issue to the OL family's attention. I gave Donna the heads up and sent your article to her. She's an awesome sister in Jesus Christ and an awesome friend God has blessed me with.Of course I know that this has been part of God's plan all along. I'm just a middle man. God bless you and all our OL family and the entire Body of Christ!!! I pray for you all daily.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10272

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 9/12/2013 6:09:28 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I read the complete Donna Wasson article.  It was one of her best!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10271

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 9/12/2013 5:59:07 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article, JL.  Like the title.  There is quite a bit in this message that provokes to ponder.  May we fellow believers in Christ do our part as He wills for us in supporting our persecuted brethren around the world.  Many of us suffer from our own families, feeling like we are being beheaded, so to speak, as they want our silence as they desire to run rough-shod over us.  Getting even uglier, is what we are seeing in places like what's happening in Syria, et al.  (Reminds me of what happened in Nazi Germany...may we hear from The Lord and not repeat a lack of bold, Christian witness wherever He has placed us, I pray.)

On the subject of "beheading"... has anyone discovered where/why this atrocity began?  I think of David's beheading of Goliath, assuring his demise (if the stone didn't actually kill him...not sure about that), but right now can't come up with instances before that...pretty hot in Seattle right now.  How's that for an excuse?  I know Genesis 3:15 might have something to do with it, but am interested to learn what others have, thank you!

Also, JL, about the "jizya tax" being levied over there...isn't that akin to the Mob's "protection money" plan here/elsewhere they enforce it?  Reminds me of what The Preacher said in Ecclesiastes 1:9 -  "...and there is no new thing under the sun."  Sin repeats til Jesus ends it all..."Even so, come, Lord Jesus."!

Thanks, JL!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10270

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 9/12/2013 4:29:26 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Charles, I agree and am guilty as charged. Your question is pertinent: Where are the preachers, bishops, rabbis... This complacency is not new. My parents (Christians) and their friends raised ZERO fuss when God and prayer was kicked out of the school system. I think the engine has crested the hilltop.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10269

Date: 9/12/2013 4:25:26 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's a tragedy but was predicted. It could happen in the US, Canada and Europe before it's all over with. Thanks for commenting.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10268

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 9/12/2013 1:38:31 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Look around us, Look at our neighbors, Our friends, our Church, Our averted eyes, our sickly silence over the beheading and mass murder of CHRISTIANS shows us the times we are in, in plain letters, I have done nothing said nothing, and by my silence I do these poor Christians no good.

Where are our leaders The heads of our Church Denominations on this matter, If all we did was hold vigils or legal protests to show that We are With our brothers and sisters in Christ facing tribulation today. That would be something!! This silence is deafening, its getting under my skin. Remember silence is acceptance. Acceptance of something like this places us right smack dab in the middle pew in the middle of the Laodicean Church.

My silence places me right in the arms of Luke Warm. Thats a cold hard fact I have to face.

CG

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10267

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 9/12/2013 12:44:05 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

By all means . . . please do.  Just so you'll know they are the words posted on YouTube for . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUk0Kz9Rwi4

I Shall See Him - John P. Kee

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10266

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 9/12/2013 12:34:49 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Come soon dear Lord. Many of your people are dying gruesome deaths. Real persecution is coming here if the Lord should tarry.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10265

Date: 9/12/2013 11:34:08 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Carolee and loved that poem. Mind if I share?