Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, September 24, 2018   9:51:15 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Abrahamís Mistake
Posted By: Anton
10/17/2013 12:50:31 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article,Jerry!But we have hope in our FULL redemption by the Blood of Jesus,may it be soon.
I am feeling very tired of this world.
Even so,come,Lord Jesus.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10417

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 10/17/2013 2:28:52 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks for this reminder and encouragement to be obedient. It is not a common virtue these days. It could be said that the opposite is common and even foretold by Paul in 2 Timothy about these days, "For men will be....disobedient to parents (their Father),..." So again, Jerry, thanks for encouraging us to remember the importance of obedience. Its words like these that can keep us in the Father's will, where is blessing waits for us.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10419

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 10/18/2013 7:29:41 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I get tired of too, Anton; and then I start thinking about how tired God must be with the world too. Just like He was in the days of Noah. It's exciting to watch it play out, just like predicted. Thanks for commenting.  Jerry

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10420

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 10/18/2013 7:33:07 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Paul. I fall short in the obedience category way too often. Moses did the same thing when striking the rock. God doesn't mess around and sometimes His discipline is harsh but just, like it or not. Fortunately, God is apparently majorly forgiving and patient, or the end would've already happened. Thanks so much for commenting.  Jerry

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10421

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 10/18/2013 7:36:55 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"The philosophy of Islam is inherently anti-Christian.  Their continued jealousy of anything Isaac (Jewish) has led them to believe that they are really the chosen people."  Isn't that the truth!  Thanks, J.L. for this informational and encouraging message.  I have noticed that jealousy is at the root of many relational problems on planet Earth.  Wonder if it started when Lucifer rebelled in Heaven?  "Iniquity" was found in him, and we claim it the sin of pride.  Perhaps that was his first failing, but how far behind is jealousy?  Then rebellion, etc...?

I greatly appreciate your positing of Abraham's dis-obedience as the reason for the Muslim problem today. (Of course, backing it up to Adam and Eve, is "In the beginning...")  Certainly, in His "Amazing Grace", The LORD allowed Ishmael to live, granting him:  "...for I will make him a great nation."  "And God was with the lad..."  Not a bad deal, yes? 

But alas...sin prevailed, and The Father sent Jesus to redeem us/the Creation from Satan's evil clutches.  Halleluyah!  Now, we await Jesus' words in Rev.21:5 - "Behold, I make all things new".  Then He followed that with this command to John:  "Write:  for these words are true and faithful." 

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."!  "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10422

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 10/18/2013 7:40:49 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, Right now all I think about is when Jesus returns how wonderful our world WILL be. Maranatha!
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10466

Posted By: DavidJordan2013113 -
Date: 11/3/2013 10:02:43 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Muslims aren't saints, and neither are Christians, and obviously neither are Jews. Only the love of God through Jesus makes any of us acceptable, only love and treating others with love allows us to live together. I would say 'hate and dislike' etc... is the enemy rather than another religion or other nations. The Lord chooses individuals and not countries or groups to be his OWN.

Just a thought..
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10467

Posted By: DavidJordan2013113 -
Date: 11/3/2013 10:02:54 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Muslims aren't saints, and neither are Christians, and obviously neither are Jews. Only the love of God through Jesus makes any of us acceptable, only love and treating others with love allows us to live together. I would say 'hate and dislike' etc... is the enemy rather than another religion or other nations. The Lord chooses individuals and not countries or groups to be his OWN.

Just a thought..