Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, March 17, 2018   11:53:51 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Zechariah  14 : 12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 17
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A View of Life after the Rapture
Posted By: FrankButler
11/6/2013 9:17:20 AM

Original Commentary Link
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Interesting view of how the rapture will affect the US immediately after it happens. It will surely be a sad day for those left behind.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10475

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 11/6/2013 10:48:18 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Fascinating and thought provoking.

Thank you.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10476

Posted By: DavidJordan2013113 -
Date: 11/6/2013 2:38:54 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

From what I read, America isn't even around when the Lord returns after the 7 trumpets, of the Great Tribulation. America seems to be one of the three toes, horns, or kingdoms destroyed by the AC before he marches onto Israel to set up his worldwide headquarters. Obviously America isn;t around as it would defend worldly Israel.

So this Rapture scenario revolving around American Christians, doesn;t make sense to me...... no country is Christian and no country is godly in the endtime. Only individuals get eventually raptured at the 7th Trump, AFTER they either survived alive or died beforehand in the first six trumps.

To live is Christ to die is gain, either way..... but all prophecy has to be fulfilled before the Lord returns.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10481

Posted By: pete -
Date: 11/6/2013 10:54:59 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

David, your right in the sense that nations aren't Christian. What makes America unique, is that Christians permeate every level of society and govt...whereas in the Middle East or China, you couldn't be in the upper ranks as a Christian, unless you absolutely hid it. Even then those are few and far between.

But the Rapture is not after the 7th Trumpet. Neither is that not in the Bible, it goes against numerous scripture and centers on either mans own attempt at survival, or mans worthiness, neither of which have anything to do with the purpose of the Rapture. The Rapture isn't about us, but about Christ's own purpose.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10484

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 11/7/2013 5:55:26 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Astounding article,Pete!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10486

Posted By: DavidJordan2013113 -
Date: 11/7/2013 1:52:40 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

The Two Witnesses are Christians, the chosen generation are Christians, the Lord chooses Christians, from all walks of lifer and every nation. No nation is Christian, no political structure is Christian, The US is not Christian by its actions or heart. Thinking otherwise and acting otherwise would make us quilty of nationalism. The Lord honours no nation, only individuals, there are no exceptions.

I could go over it in detail, as a few misinterpreted scriptures interpreted to give Christians a cop out for the future hardly makes them want to read further into true prophesy, but rest and relax as they think they will be rescued without working for the Lord and without fulfilling their destiny and without using their faith.

I differ, but this may not be the venue to discuss it. Your choice. Just let me know

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10489

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 11/8/2013 8:29:40 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: You're setting dates. You know you can't set dates. You've gotten some sort of God complex, setting dates. You're no different than that Camping guy. This is why the world makes fun of us prophecy lovers....What's that? Matthew says "the day or the hour" and you were talking about possibilities in years or seasons...... Oh......Never mind.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10491

Posted By: DaleWarford -
Date: 11/8/2013 11:16:53 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Setting Dates?  Far from it.  Pete is laying out a scenario(s) for consideration.  He merely opens possibilities for thought and meditation based on his knowledge of the Scriptures.  I've never considered the types of discussions that Pete has initiated here as date setting.  Pete is opening a door causing our minds to go down roads that most believers don't go and it is rather refreshing.  To bring the prophetic down to everyday thought is satifying to my soul and causes me to wonder.  Wonder is an essential element to have meaning in life.  You know what I'm talking about.  It's that look on the face of a child sitting on the floor of a kindergarten classroom listening intently to the teacher reading a story full of adventure.  The child's eyes are wide open and seemingly looking right through the teacher into an exciting world of "could be!"

Great piece Pete!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10492

Date: 11/9/2013 9:29:30 AM

I had my wife read what I had written after Dale's comment.  She thought that my tongue was clearly in my cheek.  I'm sorry if that wasn't clear to others.  This is why I'm not a comedian.  It is too painful to explain a joke after its been told.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10493

Date: 11/9/2013 10:54:39 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

I got it Paul, you were being 'facetious'!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 10497

Posted By: Jacqueline -
Date: 11/10/2013 1:32:24 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Fabulous article!  Loved it, Pete.  Thank you so much.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 10498

Posted By: DaleWarford -
Date: 11/10/2013 5:11:33 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Yep, I see now how it was tongue n' cheek.  My face feels like it has egg on it.  I hope that you accept my apology if you were un-nerved by my response.  I think that my take on things that I read is somewhat directly proportional to my spirit at the time and I was in a very serious one at that.  I should lighten up when I should lighten up I guess.  I don't think that I registered your last comments.  Again, my apologies.

Thinking I trip a lot, Dale

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 10499

Date: 11/11/2013 9:41:50 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

No apology necessary.  I should have learned long ago that my love for being facetious doesn't sell as well in print, especially if you don't know me, as it does face to face.

I've let Pete know in the past how much I love to read his posts and even use them as reference material for Bible Studies.  Like his mentor and other writers here, his reseach, insight, and right dividing of the Word is an important part of my life that I frequently use when relating to those around me.

I was actually trying to use sarcasm to make others smile at something we are probably all frequently disgusted by: the responses and reactions of the un-studied and blind, when we prophecy-lovers talk about where we are on the scale of time.  It is clear to us that time is coming to a close so why not wonder (just like you discussed) about when the end of time, as it is currently known, will come.

As much as I hate hearing that another christian has given the date of Christ's return, I love it when wise and understading people like Pete help us put on our thinking caps so that we will see the time coming and not be surprised like an unsuspecting sleeper when the thief shows up.

Sorry for gypping your space, Pete.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 10500

Date: 11/11/2013 12:18:40 PM

No worries friend, I picked up what you were laying down ;)