Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, February 22, 2018   10:01:40 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 22

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Christmas Coup
Posted By: Carolee
12/17/2013 11:18:00 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Wendy . . . I swear . . . if you hadn't become a scientist . . . a Christian one at that . . . surely you would have wound up as an author of note!!!

This is informative in a breezily delightful style and as is this moment in time . . . inspiring . . . in other words . . . it's a bases loaded home run!!!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10633

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 12/17/2013 1:01:31 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Unfortunately, it's not a home run and a good of example of the dictum that cobbler should stick to his last. Wendy has got her Herods mixed up. It's very easy, they are a difficult family to follow. Herod the Great lasted all the way through to 4BC.
See here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_the_Great

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10635

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 12/17/2013 7:00:50 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Very interesting commentary, Wendy.  I didn't realize, how the Magi's ( homeland) history tied in with Herod and his dislike of them.

Thanks

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10638

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 12/18/2013 6:26:49 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi CorinKeiler Lloyd. I actually do know which Herod is which, but I did have them mixed up here, for which I apologize.   All I can say is that my daughters, both away from home for the first time for the leadup to Christmas, called me at least 5 times apiece while I was trying to finish this up Monday night, and obviously scrambled my brains (or at least my ability to concentrate).  So thanks for pointing that out, and I will fix it.

Whatever Herod it was, however, the point still stands that when we get ourselves a little backstory a lot of the Bible makes a lot more sense.  And it gets way more interesting, too.