Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, November 21, 2017   6:55:55 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Daniel  12 : 4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Duck Dynasty Christmas
Posted By: Carolee
12/19/2013 9:47:44 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Jerry in your once again excellent commentary you said . . .

"In the western world today, Europe, Canada and the United States, religion of all kinds is losing its grip with the exception of Islam and atheism which are growing rapidly in the above mentioned geographical areas."

May I suggest adding narcissism to your list?

Also . . . you said (doubtlessly with tongue in cheek) . . .

"It is hard to figure out what is so offensive about Jesus in today’s world."

When I read that I had a mental picture of the semi-fictional Dracula who cringed at the sight of a cross and died instantly when exposed to sun (Son) light!!!

Also . . . can't recall . . . was it Dracula or witches who covered up any existing mirrors?  Made me think of James 1:23 . . .

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer,
he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10640

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 12/19/2013 10:22:42 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, narcissism is almost a worship service in today's world I'm afraid. But it was predicted to be. ESPN refused to advertise for a Catholic group because the mention of Jesus was "problematic." I am thinking Jesus will find a lot of those fole problematic.

Merry Christmas Carolee!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10641

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 12/19/2013 12:02:10 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Another excellent article Jerry.  Maranatha!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10642

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 12/19/2013 12:04:58 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Carolee-

Vampires had no reflection, hence they covered mirrors to keep from being identified.  That prompted some wag to ask, "How do they shave?"

Somewhat OT, I can't seem to turn on a TV these days without encontering some supernatural evil.  We're turning on the TV less and less.

Merry Christmas!!

And a joy-filled 2014!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10643

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 12/19/2013 1:54:29 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments: I loved your article today! God bless you, Phil Robertson, and all who stand for Christ!
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10644

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 12/19/2013 8:12:53 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

what an unreal upside down world we live in.surely jesus must be coming for us soon.  thank you for your great article !

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10645

Date: 12/20/2013 7:30:33 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks you Tom, and thanks for reading all my stuff the past year! Merry Christmas.  Jerry

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10646

Date: 12/20/2013 7:31:44 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael, I hope you have a verry Merry Christmas and a great new year.  Jerry

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10647

Date: 12/20/2013 7:33:37 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Terry, for reading and commenting. I'm not sure how our country, the world, has gotten to this state. I think free speech applies to all the people, not 40% who think God made a mistake. Merry Christmas to you and your family.  Jerry

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10648

Posted By: TheWisbeys -
Date: 12/20/2013 1:37:23 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: May the God who is all, made all, and sees all continue to Bless you Mr. Robb and also our favourite "Old Hippy" Mr. Phil Robertson!
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 10652

Date: 12/20/2013 5:45:11 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you. I think this is the first time you've commented so thanks! It's the red necks that protect our country for the most part, so I love them all. Merry Christmas to you!  Jerry

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 10653

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 12/21/2013 7:36:57 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for this great article!  So interesting about the Puritans being against celebrating Christmas and Easter.  I didn't know that.  I hope Phil Robertson either has A&E apologize and keep him, or finds another channel to take on the most popular reality show in TV history!  It was thrilling to hear that scripture going out to the whole world!  Like a prophet of old!  Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jerry! 

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 10655

Date: 12/21/2013 10:40:38 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Paula and Merry Christmas to you and your family. I will be praying for our country.  Jerry

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 10656

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 12/21/2013 12:20:21 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jerry has a Christmas Special going right now until January 25th.  All 3 books autographed for $45 including free shipping.   They are a great read for those cold winter days! 

http://www.theendthebook.com/

The End The Book Christmas Special: J.L. Robb

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 10657

Date: 12/21/2013 4:13:28 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Merry christmas, Kari... to you and your family! Looking lorward to 2014. I just LOVE my OL family!

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 10660

Posted By: KarenBrennan -
Date: 12/22/2013 4:51:40 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: WELL SAID!!
Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 10666

Posted By: NannetteGobel -
Date: 12/25/2013 11:31:49 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good article J.L. Robb. I believe we should stand up and tell people we are sinners. Phil Robinson's remarks were edited. You missed the first part of what he said in literally mentioning body parts of the anatomy. Was it to sensitive to put in your article? Since we are all Bible believer's here I wondered if each of us would say it like he did in the exact full quote he said it. Jesus would not of said it the way he said it. We also need to be careful who we have set up on a pedestal. We don't know anything about him except what the media has put out. Now I know they have Bible study, because the media said so. But did the media tell you he spoke at Rick Warren's church? Does Phil Robinson use Rick Warrens materials for Bible study? I checked out his church. There is no statement of faith, no Bible studies, no main pastor who has studied God's word and has been called by God to teach. We can't see what they teach there. The programs on the church website have 'celebrate recovery', Christian counseling, divorce help, etc. 1 Thess. 5:21-22, 1 John 4:1, Matt. 24:4,11, Acts 17:11. Thank you
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 10667

Date: 12/26/2013 9:44:32 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Karen, and I hope your Christmas was womderful.  Jerry

Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 10668

Date: 12/26/2013 9:49:53 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for reading Nannette and hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I did intentionally leave out the anatomical issues mentioned by Phil but included a link to the article so folk could read for themselves. What he said about men being attracted to the female anatomy rather than a man's unaccommodating anatomy made perfect sense to me. That's the way God made us, and of course that naturalness leads to populating the world. That is something that could not have happened with Adam and Steve. I appreciated his frankness and honesty, and Jesus had a way of telling it like it is, so I'm not sure He was offended. God did have a lot of sex rules, and there is a reason. Jerry

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 10670

Posted By: NannetteGobel -
Date: 12/27/2013 10:38:48 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I think you  missed my point.  Jesus had rules that is why we have the 10 commandments.  The world has been taken them away and lifted up their own. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh willl be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20.  The world knows what sin is it is written in their hearts, they will be without excuse.  They think if they take the literal (written commandments) out of the way (out of sight) it won't be in their face, but it is written in their hearts.  My point was 'church' we are supposed not believe every spirit. "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:  Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1, Matt. 24:4 says in Jesus own words, "Take heed that no man deceive you."  No one seemed alarm that he spoke at Rick Warren's church or that they don't know anything about him. Glenn beck even agrees but is he part of the church even though he confesses he is a Mormon? Just a thought.