Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, February 24, 2018   4:57:53 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Timothy  6 : 20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Oh Holy Night
Posted By: ShelleyB
12/24/2013 11:33:57 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thank you for the article, Wendy. The thought of billions of people left behind as we draw so close to the end of the age saddens me to the point of tears on a regular basis now. But you remind me once again that God blessed us, everyone, and He is long-suffering; there will be many saved even after the Rapture, I believe. Merry Christmas and Maranatha!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10662

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 12/24/2013 11:58:29 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Gee whiz, how could John Shelby Spong EVER dismiss the virgin birth? Oh wait…
I do recall about 25 years ago when he was the “grand poobah” of the Richmond Virginia Episcopal Diocese, he lectured people that there is no such creature as Satan. According to Spong, Satan was a “myth created by the early church fathers to keep church members in line”. Spong has also been a member in good standing of the Jesus Seminar, which should speak volumes to Christians in general and to members of the Episcopal church in particular. A friend of mine was an Episcopal priest and after having to answer to Spong for his Biblical beliefs, he left the Episcopal denomination. Interestingly, if you go to the web site of the The Episcopal Diocese of Richmond, it states;
“The Episcopal Diocese of Richmond: for Christ, for this time, for all time”

Makes you wonder, if they don’t believe the Bible, exactly what DO they believe?

But, I shan’t worry about it. God manages His creation so I don’t have to. And since He’s still on His throne, I’m going to rejoice and have a Merry Christmas. And I hope you do as well. Thank you Wendy, for all of your brilliant articles throughout the year. Your work is what gets me out of bed on Tuesdays!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10664

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 12/24/2013 12:57:36 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen Sister! Merry Christmas!!!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10665

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 12/24/2013 4:16:02 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen Wendy. And sure does matter to me. If the Entire Bible isn't true then I am to be the most miserable of men. Maranatha!
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10669

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 12/26/2013 11:34:17 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Wendy! Hope you had a merry Christmas! My favorite part of the article was:

Robert Funk, the founder of the Jesus Seminar, wrote: “The virgin birth of Jesus is an insult to modern intelligence and should be abandoned.”

Oh really? So, the idiots 2000 years ago wouldn't have thought a virgin birth was miraculous? But we know better now because that's not possible. I'm pretty sure that babies born back then normally didn't come from virgins. The arrogance of some people today is mind-boggling. We're just sooooooo much smarter than they were back then... True, we do know more collectively about science but the wisdom thing, well... not so much.

Maranatha! Maybe next year?