Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, October 15, 2018   4:13:14 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  10 : 29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 15

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Redemption, Interrupted.
Posted By: Greg S/CG
12/31/2013 9:39:15 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thank you Wendy, I read something about Paul that wriggled some doubt into my mind about him, Satan is constantly working to tear at our faith, Isaiah 49:5-6 Blew my doubt out of the water.

CG
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10678

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 12/31/2013 10:31:52 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: The strange brew of shame and excitement I feel when I am shown truths in well-known scriptures that a little diligence would have make clear, makes me who I am; a humble man who frequently thinks more of himself than is deserved or appropriate.

Thanks again, Wendy for doing the work and giving me joy in the greatness of our God and the truth that is given in the Word.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10680

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 1/1/2014 12:16:54 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Charles, it made me very happy to hear that.  I think these kinds of internal consistencies that are very hard to explain outside the obvious, i.e., that the whole Bible is God-breathed, are a very convincing apologetic for the Bible's origin.  Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10681

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 1/1/2014 12:23:09 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, Paul, but don't feel bad about yourself. The fact that you are on here reading this stuff speaks to the fact that you are hungering after God and his truth. I got saved throught the parachurch organization The Naviagators, and they are all about knowing your bible so I left college pretty conversant on the scriptures in a conventional way but it was only about ten years ago that I came across some teachers that really made you look at the Bible comprehensively (instead of piecemeal like we tend to get in through topical studies) and it revolutionized my view of the scriptures.  They are way more exciting when you see that it is one cohesive message from the Creator and that every verse is not about us, but about the redemption offered in Christ. Like Jesus told the Pharisees: you search the scriptures because you think through them you have eternal life (i.e, through obedience to every rule) but they speak of me! Look for Christ on every page and they are endlessly fascinating!!

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!