Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, February 17, 2018   1:56:15 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Timothy  3 : 13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 17

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Kindred Spirit
Posted By: Carolee
1/14/2014 10:13:46 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Upon reading this commentary on the sad and tenuous state of your friends Wendy . . . Job's words "Though He slay me yet will I trust Him" and the one I've clung to tightly through the years . . . 1 Corinthians 10:13 . . . kept rattling around in my head.

I guess the best evidence of the need for hard times is the fact that historically there has been the greatest growth (both in numbers and spirituality) of true believers because human nature being what it is . . . necessity almost always inspires the greatest motivation!!!

Speaking for myself . . . I can honestly say our Lord hasn't given me the earthly life I'd have chosen for myself but He has given me the one thing without which life wouldn't be worth pursuing . . . Himself!!!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10716

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 1/14/2014 10:39:12 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, this was an exceptional commentary, one that, ( I am sure) will be of help to many.  Thanks.

I will be turning 60 this year and the people that you wrote about (going through trials) mirror many of my friends and relatives.  Like you mentioned (I think) Wendy, we tend to think that through prayer, God will "fix" things.  Fixing them to what we hope for.  It doesn't always work that way, as we know.

I think of Joseph, so many times, and all that he went through.  The long years of things not being "fixed".  I wonder if he questioned God much.  I guess what keeps us going is that we know God is way bigger than us, or our problems.  Sometimes that isn't the best answer; but I wouldn't want to walk that valley alone (Thou art with me).

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10717

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 1/14/2014 10:40:45 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen Wendy. Good article. As Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 1:18 "For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow." and again in Ecclesiastes 7:10 "Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this."

And Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived! Nice to know we're not alone in feeling this way. I'm going to be 47 in two weeks and things are going well enough for my wife and I so far. However, we were never blessed with children and as we get older, we all experience health issues even if it's just new aches and pains.

I'm with Solomon and Ecclesiastes pretty much sums it up! One of favorites is something I saw on Facebook. It went something like this: "God won't allow us to be tested beyond what we can handle - I just wish He didn't have so much confidence in me!"
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10718

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 1/14/2014 10:57:12 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Aptly titled Wendy. Thanks for the lift, well the 'sorta' lift, that we aren't in this alone. That's the Good News.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10719

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 1/14/2014 11:15:51 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: And the best: "I'll be praying for you. "

I've said for years that "I'll be praying for you" is the Christian equivalent of "Have a nice day".

I can empathize with your challenges. After having worked all my life, then retiring, I find myself back in the labor market out of necessity. One passage that keeps playing over and over in my mind is John 6:68ff:

"Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.” "

To whom shall we go? No one but Jesus. You will go on my list and I REALLY WILL be praying for you!
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10720

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 1/14/2014 11:38:16 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This morning I was reading the prayer requests of the OL family.  I must confess it is difficult section of the OL site for me to read as these requests overwhelm me in a way expressed by Wendy's article.   As the day of Our Lord's call grows closer things will become more difficult for believers and it is only through our personal relationship with the Lord that we will be able to endure.  Though we can gain much comfort through each other there is always times which we must stand alone with God.  Maranatha!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10721

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 1/14/2014 11:53:03 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for a great article Wendy.I can relate so well,my medical career was cut short due to

an untreatable depression and burn-out.Have been a poor pensioner since my mid forties,will be 56 in April.Lost my job,my marriage,house...everything and I found JESUS and He is coming soon.That keeps me hanging on.

Much love in Christ,

Anton.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10722

Posted By: ja -
Date: 1/14/2014 12:18:42 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy this is an issue for me- the thorn. I recently wrote another author asking how my suffering would be worth anything. This is part of my answer. I have suffered all my life, so maybe I can now help others who are new to it.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10723

Posted By: DanForeman -
Date: 1/14/2014 12:45:53 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks for sharing Wendy. I know what you mean about turning 50. I turned 64 in Dec. I work with people who are half my age. It's like you said that their problems are manageable. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 10724

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 1/14/2014 2:33:53 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Wendy! 

You know sometimes we all mess up... yet He loves us.  Amazing.

Thank you for the tears... they seemed to help my mood in a good way. 

God Bless!!!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 10725

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 1/14/2014 8:02:31 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen Sister Wendy!
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 10726

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 1/14/2014 8:26:11 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, I am in the same ballpark as you and most of the people agewise(58) and am convinced that all of the situations listed are reasons why the Jews invented the Yiddish word "OY!" It really does sum up a feeling of temporary hopelessness when absolutely no answer can be seen quickly enough. Thank the Lord He really DOES answer us when the time is right, in His timing. One question I have that really isn't on topic is this,though. My daughter is entering the 7th grade next semester and my wife and I are trying to decide on the proper Homeschooling program or method. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions?
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 10727

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 1/15/2014 7:48:25 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow. Thanks all of you for sharing from you hearts and adding so much cogent thought and great verses to the subject.   You encouraged me.  I think maybe we need to have a conference where we all get together to just help each other cry.

(And then praise the God who has truly blessed us all abundantly in the heavenly realms. )

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil FOR THOU ART WITH ME!"  And that makes all the difference.

I appreciate you all so very much.  Thanks for your support.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 10728

Posted By: JaneSeiler -
Date: 1/15/2014 7:53:33 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you Wendy. Your stories are heartbreaking. I am way past 50 and still struggling not to build walls and close up emotionally. But I know my only hope is in Him and in nothing in this world. To Him I cling. My prayer joins with yours.
Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 10729

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 1/15/2014 10:32:42 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy:

I don't fully understand why so many difficult trials are befalling you and those around you but I am very inspired by your witness and faith. You are more mature in your walk than I and that kind of focus and faith really mean a lot to some of us. Thank you for writing that piece and I thank God we have you writing for us at Omega letter because you are a blessing to us.
Mark
Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 10733

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 1/16/2014 4:00:53 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: II Cor. 4:16-18 was one of the first verses I memorized that helped me get through decades of unrelenting depression and a very empty and lonely marriage. And after many trials and tribulations, I can say things are improving for me and my family, praise God, but I see much of which you speak going on all around me. I am 58 and the trials do compound as we are often caring for our parents as well as our children. Plus, we are watching as our peers are starting to get sick and die. Things are definitely ramping up. I yearn for our "Blessed Hope."

Thank you, Wendy, for your article. It obviously resonated with a lot of people.
Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 10773

Posted By: DellaDeybarrondo -
Date: 1/29/2014 3:20:15 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, tell them all to THANK GOD for these trials. In thanking him he will bring blessings. They may not be the ones they want but he does know what is best for us. Back in the early 90's we lost our home, had to move in with my mother, Gary slept in his car at work and came to my moms on his days off. I thanked God for this for I knew he would bring about something better. Now we are in Palmdale CA and our our home. Just thank him for ALL THINGS.
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 10775

Posted By: DerekPrater -
Date: 1/29/2014 4:19:19 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Really good article Wendy. I myself am just coming to the other side of a long 5 1/2 year long valley of some bad situations in life. But your right, God has never left me once and has worked out things in a way I could of never imagined. God has proven over and over again that He does work all things together for good, for those whom love Him. Thanks for this article it has helped me today as I am sure it has many others. Keep up the great work!
Derek Prater