Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, March 20, 2018   3:48:23 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Luke  21 : 28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Evident Design
Posted By: Mark R
1/21/2014 10:57:33 AM

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Good stuff Wendy, very pursuasive!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 10739

Posted By: ja -
Date: 1/21/2014 12:24:57 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Wendy! Glad you re-stated the 4 fold nature of the gospels. I have read a lot from Jack Kelly on this and you have added to the understanding.
I do have a question for you- on the lineage of Christ.
"So differences between the gospels can often be explained by subtle differences related to the intended audience of particular gospel. The genealogies are another example. Matthew, a Levite (so therefore a Jew of Jews), traces Jesus' genealogy (predictably) back to Abraham, while Luke, a physician, traces His bloodline (predictably) all the way back to Adam."

I have done a deeper study of that, and in Luke's version the bloodline arises from Nathan, not Solomon. Can you please follow up on that for us. I have heard that Luke's is the lineage of Mary due to the curse on Solomon's line.

I do think this is a small detail, but one that has implications! thanks!!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 10740

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 1/21/2014 1:24:06 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I very much enjoyed your article.  It had a light touch which we need every now and then during these seriously intense times we live in.  Maranatha!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 10741

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 1/21/2014 3:50:51 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Great article Wendy! One time I read about a man named Simon Greenleaf. He, along with Judge Joseph Story, founded Harvard Law School. In fact, his book Treatise on the Law of Evidence was required reading for all law students in the last half of the 19th century. Anyway, the story goes that while a professor at Harvard Law School, his students challenged him to use his own book (Treatise on the Law of Evidence) to cross examine the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. He did and wrote the book Testimony of the Evangelists as a result of his reseach. Simon Greenleaf gave his life to Christ as a result of his research into cross examining the four Gospels. Mr. Greenleaf concluded that there were no contradictions in the four Gospels but there were discrepancies, which were entirely consistent (and expected) with proper eye witness testimony.

Too bad Dawkins hasn't done the same research as Simon Greenleaf.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 10742

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 1/21/2014 10:10:08 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Hi, Jerialice--I actually did do an explanation the differences in the genealogies a couple years ago-- it was entitled four-dimensional faith. You're right, it matters.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 10743

Date: 1/21/2014 10:10:52 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Hey Kerry-thanks for the tip. I will have to look that book up. And thanks to all for your feedback!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 10744

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 1/22/2014 12:10:28 PM

One of the many things Jack did for us was to give us the information we needed to spread and defend the gospel. You Wendy are doing exactly the same thing. 

Keep feeding the sheep!!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 10761

Date: 1/24/2014 11:52:02 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Thanks very much Gregory.  Since I went back to work full time at a high pressure job, I really don't have time to do this.  but this is what feeds my sould (instead of sucking it out of my body, I'm just sayin...) so I do. And your encouragement --all of you-- means a whole lot. 

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 10763

Posted By: Jacqueline -
Date: 1/26/2014 11:12:20 AM

Thank you, Wendy.  Great Article; one that I will use to discuss in my Bible study.