Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, August 16, 2018   3:23:14 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 16

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

I Beg Your Pardon
Posted By: Carolee
4/15/2014 9:34:51 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Dearest Wendy . . . First off you and your husband have my prayers. Secondly . . . I'm cutting and pasting this to put in our P & P section just to make sure NOBODY misses it!!! Love and Hugs Carol
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11050

Posted By: KaraB -
Date: 4/15/2014 10:17:05 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy,

my Brother-in-law has had degenerative disc disease (as a result of an injury he sustained serving our country in the Air Force) for 20+ years. It has been a rocky road for him and my sister, especially while they raised their two boys, who are now grown men. As an observer I don't have any words of wisdom. I think you summed it up pretty accurately in your article. My sister, however, has always told me that contentment (not happiness) is her goal. For the most part, I would say that she has achieved this goal by putting her faith in Jesus alone and noone or nothing else. It has been harder for my Brother. He is a man who wants to work but can't because noone will hire him. For the last 10 years or so, he took on the responsibility of the household duties and although it bothered both of them at first, my sister (who works outside of the home as a physical therapist) finally came to realize that she liked having him home to take care of things. He finally realized that it makes him no less of a man and they have found that it works for them.

I pray that your husband gets some relief from his surgery. My sister would tell you that a good Physical Therapist, preferably who is knowledgeable in Trigger Point Therapy, can make a world of difference in recovery and on-going treatment. My brother has had more than eight surgeries and is still going so there is hope. Prayers to you and your family.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11051

Posted By: Alf -
Date: 4/15/2014 10:26:29 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying as well, Wendy.

A wonderful, heart-felt account!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11052

Posted By: HarrietCook -
Date: 4/15/2014 10:38:20 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Wendy,having lived with fluctuating between higher or lower levels of chronic pain for decades and for the last few years walking through a fiery trial with my best friend, I can empathize. Both she and I have lived with the question of "do I go forward AGAIN for prayer?" after years of seeing no victory. We understand hope deferred. Lord, today wrap your loving arms around Wendy and her husband. May they experience Your tangible presence in their home assuring them than not a tear is ever wasted, that You haven't forgotten and You DO have a plan. Infuse them with Your strength and as unlikely as it may seem, bring joy and encouragement today. In Jesus' name!

Harriet
Wife and Mom~United States Marines
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11053

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 4/15/2014 10:54:03 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

amen to harriets prayer and am keeping you in prayer.  you are right wendy - it is no rose garden.  trusting him with you. 

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11054

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 4/15/2014 11:27:02 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying with you Wendy!  I'm usre am not the only who will benefit greatly from your article.  Maranatha

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11055

Posted By: TedWatson -
Date: 4/15/2014 11:46:44 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

A few years ago, I wrote these verses. In view of eternity, sometimes the bad days are best.

Some songs sing of glory,
And walking in victory each day,
With strength for the journey,
And help every step of the way.
Of skies always sunny,
And pastures where we can just rest.
That’s good, I’ll grant you,
But sometimes the bad days are best.

If skies are all sunny,
Then how can things grow without rain?
And if you are carried,
Then tell me what strength will you gain?
You’ll only see substance,
In all the faith you’ve confessed,
In floods and in fires.
Sometimes the bad days are best.

When skies are their darkest,
It feels like you’re all on your own,
Just stand in that moment,
The truth is you’re never alone.
In times of refining,
When treasure is put to the test,
We’re left with what matters.
Sometimes the bad days area best.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11056

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 4/15/2014 12:11:50 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy:

my prayers are with you and your husband. My the lord bring hope and healing.

I lived with chronic neck pain after a severe herniation of my C6-7 disc. I had intense physical therapy for 1-1/2 years. All while doing my job looking through a microscope for hours per day and somehow not missing work except for MRIs. There were times when the pain was to a point for long enough that I thought, if this doesn't get better...Thank God better finally came. I have significant permanent weakness on the left side for some movements but otherwise am stable.

You mentioned a number of procedures but has your husband had/been evaluated for  RFR (Radio Frequency Rhizotomy)? It can be helpful for some people.

God bless you,

mark

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11057

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/15/2014 1:35:02 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I read your articles and there always a learning experience for me, This one is no different. Im not a real good Christian, Yes, yes, I believe, But based on what I know of Christ what I do falls very very short of what I know I should do.  I will pray for Christ to turn his face upon your Husband, So he can get some relief from this pain.  I will pray and I hope things improve for your husband and for you.  

CG

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11058

Posted By: Elisabeth -
Date: 4/15/2014 2:20:46 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy, I too pray for your husband and that he will get some relief from this terrible pain. My husband has a bad lower back and neck and at one point was almost suicidal. He has slowed down a lot and cannot travel or hike like he used to so our world has also gotten smaller. Praying for you and the rest of your family as well.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11059

Posted By: Bernieol -
Date: 4/15/2014 2:33:50 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy - Thanks for your thoughts and words today. You said just what I needed  to hear today and for that I am grateful.

I lift you and your family up in prayer at this difficult time.

God bless, Bernie

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11060

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 4/15/2014 3:06:00 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying for your husband and you Wendy.

Rapture imminent.

Anton.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 11061

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 4/15/2014 4:02:22 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am praying too. My husband and I have not had your woes although my husband does suffer from chronic neuropathy. Past trials have made Matthew 11:28-29 "my" verse. There is a well worn path to that spot in the Bible. May God's power work through this surgery to heal your husband and cure his pain. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 11062

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 4/15/2014 4:34:46 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: The battle is getting fiercer as the Lord draws ever nearer - but it still hurts and is hard to bear. Now is the time for the Body to unite as never before. I will put you on my prayer list. You are already on Jesus' list.
Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 11063

Posted By: JunePreszler -
Date: 4/15/2014 6:53:02 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, prayer said, asking for successful surgery, healing, comfort, relief from pain for your husband. In Jesus' Name.
Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 11064

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 4/15/2014 8:07:49 PM

Comments:

Praying for you and your family, Wendy.

I also had back surgery myself 20 years ago after ten years of chronic pain, it’s better, but I still live with it. Praying for all of you!

Here is one of Robin's last post from a long 18 months of what my family has just been through. I hope it helps; all we have left in this world is to cling to is Jesus! That He calls us home soon! HARPAZO!

Dearest Prayer Warriors, Stretcher Bearers and fellow travelers

Colton Dapper Celebration of Life, "In Christ Alone My Hope is Found!"

(Yes, we let Colton read the evil Harry Potter books, his Grammie took him to the last book opening at midnight. I don't like those pictures in his video, but it did give us an opportunity to let Colton know that there is an evil agenda behind J. K. Rowling' books)

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 11065

Posted By: DanForeman -
Date: 4/15/2014 8:14:35 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: You and your husband are in my prayers Wendy.
Dottie
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 11066

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/15/2014 9:00:11 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, I had L3,4,and 5 fused almost 3years ago and have been eating Vicodin to kind of make the pain semi tolerable ever since...I KNOW what your husband is going through. If ever you or he need an ear, you got it. Prayers are obviously being offered up. Hang in there...I really believe were almost home.
Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 11067

Posted By: RodChaffey -
Date: 4/15/2014 11:45:12 PM

Comments: Hi Wendy. When I read your articles from half way around the world, I see the Holy Spirit given discernment in them. But I've never really stopped to think about your life and family. Please forgive me. As Paul asked the Lord to "remove the thorn in his flesh", The Lord replied : "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Tonight, Australian time, I'll pray for your husband and you. The day is soon coming when there will be no more pain or sorrow and He will wipe away our tears who are in Christ Jesus.
Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 11068

Posted By: PattiKline -
Date: 4/16/2014 12:37:01 AM

Comments:

Wendy there is so much I would like to say, but it 's best that I just keep them to myself , and Only encourage you by saying ....through every "painful "trial gone through with trust in the Lord and surrender to His Will in that trial ,there is and will always be eventual victory in faith building for all those that endure and persevere to the end . Romans 5: 1-5

Keeping  you and your husband in daily prayer .

Keep looking up !

Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 11069

Posted By: DonEudaly -
Date: 4/16/2014 9:52:13 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Prayers from Arkansas. Please post in a couple of weeks and let us know how it's going.

"This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through"
Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 11070

Posted By: Bob -
Date: 4/16/2014 11:06:38 AM

Comments: Wendy,

I can sympathize with the condition your husband with which he is suffering. I too had spinal fusion almost four years ago. I have problems with both legs going numb, constant, and sometimes excruciating pain that is difficult to deal with and I cannot sit or stand for extended periods. From one day to the next, the extended periods can vary from five minutes to an hour. I have days when I am able to go 90-miles an hour for twenty minutes and days when I would rather just stay in bed but I cannot do that because it hurts too much to lay there and the pressure of the blankets on my feet makes them feel as if they were on fire.

How do I deal with the pain? I take a prescription medicine that helps a little bit with the neuropathy I have in both arms and legs and I take Gabapentin two to four times a day. These medicines are almost like using already saturated Band-Aids on a bloody wound. They work sometimes, to a point, and many days they are only something that I remember to take.

I deal with the pain in different ways. I exercise almost every morning lying flat on my back doing a group of exercises that I learned from physical therapy, found on the Internet, and some that I found elsewhere and modified to my needs. Doing these exercises is minor victory over the pain for at least an hour. It may sound worthless, but I keep working on different muscle groups in my abdomen, buttocks, and lower back to keep them in shape.

While I am doing these exercises, I have my iPod playing contemporary Christian music through the ear buds stuck into my ears. For the most part, I have my eyes closed so that I can concentrate on what each part of my lower spine is doing. If I feel something grinding I slow down. If something hurts too much I again try slowing down, and if it is too painful, I stop that exercise. Some days it takes me thirty minutes to do all of my exercises but most days I take an hour to get them done.

I have learned that I can get at least minimal relief from exercising. If I do not exercise in the morning, it generally affects my whole day. My exercises are not so much to make me strong and muscular, as they are to get my back loosened up so that I can face the rest of the day. I do not perform any exercises that would be considered high impact, but I do some resistance exercises using surgical tubing, and I have found that a tennis ball can be my best friend when muscles are too tight for the exercises to loosen.

I pray a lot, I complain a lot, I hurt a lot, and I find that my patience is very short, especially when I am in pain. Just ask my wife about all of the above. She has been very supportive and patient with me. The biggest thing for me though is knowing that this is just temporary and that the Lord has something better for me. I cling to the words of the old hymn, “It is Well with My Soul.” Just the title of the song says it all. No matter how bad I hurt, it is well with my soul because He is with me.

If you would like to contact me about the exercises that I do to help my condition I will be glad to share them with you and your husband. If other Omega Letter members would like to know about them as well they can send me an e-mail at bobskoubo@gmail.com and I will be happy to help.
I will pray for you and your husband!

“But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my Salvation. My God will hear me.” Micah 7:7

Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 11072

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/16/2014 2:44:25 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I have not words to express how blown away I am by the outpouring of love, and prayer, and practical help, and encouragement to press on that greeted me when i logged back on. I literally have just cried and cried.  To be honest it took me a while to check back in as yesterday after I posted my piece I castigated myself for having submitted something that was so pathetically whiney and self-indulgent.  But Omega Letter is a community, and I guess I should have known better,  I have really felt you all come beside us and lift us up.  I know we're not alone, I work in spinal orthopedics research, and all of us here realize how badly the contemporary world needs treatments that really work.  But you all lifted our spirits so much by sharing your stories and what works for you.  What is it that verse says? That part of the blessing of our trials is that we can comfort those going through the same thing?  Please know that you all blessed and comforted us immensely.  Honestly, when I got on and saw all these posts what I thought about was that scene in Witness where the whole Amish community ran over the hill to help when someone sounded the alarm.   That scene made me cry at the time, and you all certainly made me cry yesterday.

Again, thanks, thanks, thanks for your support in this time of need and for your faithfulness as readers.

BTW-- Great  poem, Ted-- I have thought about what you said a lot-- your faith has real substance when you have to apply it in these situations.

And Mark-- radiogrequency ablation is what my husband had done Monday. So far just real sore, but that's what's predicted.   If anybody has an experience with that, let me know.

not to leave anybody out.  Thanks again.    

Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 11073

Posted By: AnneK -
Date: 4/16/2014 5:05:40 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying for you both Wendy. 

Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 11075

Posted By: pete -
Date: 4/16/2014 7:22:08 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen
Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 11076

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 4/16/2014 8:22:11 PM

Comments:

I hope you've checked the Prayer & Praise section too Wendy because there are more there!!!

Reply # 26 - ReplyTo ID: 11082

Posted By: ja -
Date: 4/18/2014 1:51:34 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: dear sweet wendy- i so look forward to your wonderful articles and fresh viewpoint that you share with us. i too am dealing with a disease that has stolen much of my life and i drag around. just the last few months a cure has been found and millions of us will benefit from the new technology and medicine. i guess i want to say never give up because they are working so hard to bring new options to those of us who are sick. i totally understand your feeling of being pinned down and watching your life vanish into a tunnel. i have prayed and begged for relief and had decided that i didn't understand His ways to keep me so restrained and i don't. it is much to my surprise that there is hope again and i want to share that hope with you and let you know you have my prayers and my support what ever we can do for your guys. i am sorry you are going thru this and i pray this new procedure will bring unexpected healing in ways no-one anticipated. much love and strength coming your way. love, jerialice
Reply # 27 - ReplyTo ID: 11088

Posted By: ThomasLoPresti -
Date: 4/19/2014 1:25:15 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, my retired/disabled Air Force husband and I have lived in the same situation for years. There are two things I have found that have been most helpful. God has continued to give me enough grace for every second of every day, and He continually reminds me that this is but a vapor. How much more sweet will it be when our eyes do see and our ears do hear what God has prepared for us. Rest, child.