Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, September 20, 2018   2:17:50 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

One Big Happy Family
Posted By: PaulLaymon
5/13/2014 9:24:43 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Yes it does. Thank you.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11176

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 5/14/2014 10:33:01 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

There are few things in this world other than death and taxes that are consistently reliable and not only informative but interesting.  I count your commentaries as one of them!!!

I particularly liked "Scientists, in other words, sometimes paint their target where their arrow lands." a perfect companion to the oft said "You can prove anything with statistics".

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11174

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 5/13/2014 12:29:50 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: "the National Geographic cover with a picture of a man seemingly communing deeply with a large snake"

Hmmm? Where have encountered THAT before?
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11173

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 5/13/2014 10:25:26 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Darwin condemmed himself by stating the if the fossil record fails to support his theory then it would not stand. The "intermediate forms" needed to support his theory are not to be found, though occasionally faked.

No, what now exists in Neodarwinism is the scientific arm of the secular humanist movement. It is a religion in its own right and requires more faith than any other!!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11172

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 5/13/2014 10:24:36 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: I am surprised they haven't argued in the past (maybe they have?) that if there is an almighty, all-powerful creator, why would he create everything the same? Well, now that argument is closed to them. But, they will come up with another one, those whose "minds the god of this age has blinded..."

Is it just me or is God allowing all these discoveries (scientific, archeological, astronomical) at this late date because our God is long suffering and a God of great mercy? Yet, many hearts will be hardened. Sad.

Thank you for another great article, Wendy. Another one for my "science minded" friends. I am praying that I run into the doctor raised by a pastor at the grocery store I frequent so that I can hand him this and let your writing and God's spirit do the work. ;o) Praying for you and yours. Maranatha.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11170

Posted By: DaleWarford -
Date: 5/13/2014 9:47:32 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: “Why do creation scientists never ever have any empirical evidence of their own”, he asked mockingly. “I would think their research laboratories would be working overtime to somehow apologize for this devastating finding. Does anyone appreciate these enormous odds against special creation? Maybe it just hasn’t sunk in yet.”

One would think that the only reason evolutionary scientists/Darwinists exist is to debunk the Bible. Well, I agree with the mocker, it hasn't sunk in. Probably because the hopeful torpedo didn't hit anything. If it had there ought to be plenty of church buildings up for sale now as Christianity and the validity of the Bible would have ceased!

Why do creationists need to collect ANY data? There is plenty of data collected by the evolutionist thinking scientists out there with their million dollar grants for the creationist to work with. If they don't like creationists critiquing their findings/conclusions then I say don't publish any.

I took a class in probability and statistics at the University of Michigan a while ago (so long ago I think it was the mesozoic time period) and what I took from the class was that there is a tremendous temptation to lie with statistics (i.e., the data) and project erroneous probabilities. The instructor, (a full PhD) even cautioned the class many times and gave frequent examples of the misuse of statistical data that gave much credence to the cliche "figures don't lie but liars figure!"

Keep'em coming Wendy!