Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, February 20, 2018   8:18:31 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Use Your Imagination
Posted By: SusanJacobs
5/27/2014 10:31:12 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I cannot "imagine" not being able to recognize truth. Keep standing for truth Wendy! You are doing an awesome job.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11219

Posted By: PattiKline -
Date: 5/27/2014 10:57:50 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Spot on Wendy !

Gods blessing to you for your faithfulness in defending His truth !

Keep Looking up !

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11221

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 5/27/2014 11:06:20 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

From the cross our Jesus said "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" and what makes the writings of these people so terrible is that like the Pharisees . . .  in all likelihood many do know exactly what they're "doing" rendering their eternal fates Matthew 12:31 . . .

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11223

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 5/27/2014 11:44:58 AM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

As all the others said, way to go Wendy! I just can't get my head around someone reading the Bible and then saying they don't care what it says in black and white, what it really meant is... How arrogant must one be to just rearrange God's words and make them mean whatever? I guess if you don't believe the Bible is God's word then it doesn't matter much.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11224

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/27/2014 1:12:49 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: I think you may have misjudged Frank Viola. Although I didn't read Reimagining Church, I have read his books "Rethinking the Wineskin," "Pagan Christianity," and "Who is Your Covering?" In his books he exposes the pagan roots of many of our modern church practices and urges a return to the first century style of worship. "All traditions that find no soil in Scripture must be forever abandoned."
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11226

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 5/27/2014 4:37:22 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Gracemer, for letting me know that.  I have not read his books, just saw some stuff on the internet that kind of lumped him in with the emergent group. maybe guilty by association by the book title  I appreciate you correcting me.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11227

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 5/27/2014 8:32:40 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: I really don't know how this is going to sound but I'll say it anyway. Thank God for the Pre-Trib view of eschatcology, because if the level of apostacy and blasphemy is this high from "Christian" leaders NOW and it is only going to get worse as the days go on, the most merciful thing to pray for is a quick death NOW. In any other view of escathology NO ONE will be able to stay faithful to the end. Not with alleged "brothers" selling Christians a load of horse manure like this NOW. They are not "Christian" leaders...they are shamanistic book sellers.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11228

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 5/27/2014 9:39:57 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 29 PrayingPraying

Comments:

More Info on Frank Viola below, great source of info on the emergents in Lighthouse Trails.  It's always ever so subtle, but the end game is the church & the Bible. 

www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=7029

When I came out of the emergent church, I traced the backgrounds of McLaren, Warren, Bell, etc.  The common threads are new age teachers in the church & pagan philosophers.  You wiki & see who they admire and it's all the same path.  Warren's hero is Peter Drucker who is a new world order atheist.  This is who he based his church growth movement off of & was Drucker's plan to stifle the church & turn it into a non-Biblical community center.  Many are like the 60's progressives & are rebelling against the churches they went to when they were young or their fathers who were pastors, deacons.  How dare they be taught that there is only one way to heaven.  They all quote the new age Contemplative's Teresa of Avilla, Thomas Merton, Brennan Manning, Henry Nouwen. 

This is why there are so many new age versions of the Bible now starting with The Message, The Voice, etc, all have new age wording, political correctness, earth worship.  Bryan McLaren led an earth worship ceremony at one of his meetings and officiated for his son's gay wedding.  There is no end of Rob Bell's heretical teachings.  These are scary people because this has happened so quickly and so many are deceived.  I tried to share with a strong Christian coworker that 'jesus calling' was new age and she flipped out, reads it for her 'Bible study' every day.  Every Christian book store has it front & center, even children's versions.  Coincidentally, Lighthouse Trails published a letter from someone that reacted that same way when she was told and this letter is a good example of why.  We need to focus more on what the Bible says and less on what author's say.

www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=15536

Col 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11229

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 5/28/2014 9:58:29 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great job Wendy!
"As in the days of Noah..."
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11230

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 5/28/2014 11:59:33 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great read Wendy. Apostasy is thriving it's safe and very sad to say!
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11231

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 5/28/2014 12:03:58 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Kim:

I assume that Frank Viola is not the same Frank Viola I know who is a hall of famer and former Twins pitcher? [

Mark

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11232

Posted By: MarkM -
Date: 5/28/2014 3:14:49 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy,

Your inclusion of Frank Viola was correct. His teachings are steeped in Catholic Mysticism, Liberalism and Ecumenism.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 11233

Posted By: Leslie -
Date: 5/28/2014 4:40:22 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Wendy. Thanks.

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 11234

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 5/28/2014 8:49:12 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: As someone who loves to uncover stupid sayings or figures of speech, I'm kicking myself that I missed "faith journey". If passing from death into life were a long journey, as the phrase implies, its likely that no one would survive the trip.