Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   2:44:59 PM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Revelation  1 : 11
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Age of Miracles
Posted By: Elisabeth
6/2/2014 10:02:59 AM

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article Pete! I am reading Cris Putnam's book and am finding it to be right on target. Helping my my mind to continue expanding outside the box.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11267

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 6/5/2014 12:16:47 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

You have touched on a subject I have talked about amongst my friends before. Christians aversion to the supernatural. Is it because there are so many folks involved with the supernatural that are not all there that Christians just like to keep it at arms length. Maybe out of the fear of being connected to the crazy folks out there.

I for one used to dabel in Ghost hunting. This was actually before I was truly saved. We did this for about 6 months. We being my brother and 2 of my cousins.  That is until we actually ran into something quite unsettling. At that time I realized there are no Ghosts,Aunt Lizzy and Uncle Joe went to see the Lord, So what ever it is bumping in the night its not them, Its Just evil spirits. Demonic plain and simple and hunting for them was a recipe for disaster. So me and my little Group gave it up. Without argument.

Pete, this is a very good article.  You may not realize it but you have your finger on the pulse of this world.  In a way only a true Christian can. I look forward to reading your articles.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11261

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/4/2014 11:12:01 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks for the excellent article, Pete. When asked questions about supernatural phenomena by unbelievers I was often stumped to give a biblical response until I came across "Occult Invasion" by Dave Hunt. Recommend.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11252

Posted By: JosephTapia -
Date: 6/3/2014 2:37:07 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great informative article, as always. Just to give a little perspective - here in the Philippines, the occult and heretical spirituality has always been the issue. Maybe it's because of the weird brand of Catholicism practiced here, but the typical Pinoy is quick to believe in the presence of spirits and the intervention of the spirit world. Every born-again congregation I come in contact with has some harrowing story of an exorcism or demonic oppression (property damage). I've always believed that filipinos in general would fall hook, line and sinker for a miracle worker touting a superficial brand of christianity.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11251

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 6/2/2014 4:15:13 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Excellent Pete!On the edge of Eternity.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11250

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 6/2/2014 3:45:51 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Excellent article Pete!!!  Whenever this subject is raised two . . . no three things come to my mind . . .  Psalm 25:20-21 . . .

Protect me and rescue me; don't let me be disgraced,  for I take refuge in you.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, because my hope is in you

testimonies of "assault" experiences by Christians when they "throw some light" on this subject and of course where in Shakespeare's Hamlet he tells Horatio . . .

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11249

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 6/2/2014 3:25:09 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Right on Pete!  God Bless!!!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11248

Posted By: DaleWarford -
Date: 6/2/2014 2:29:49 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: You are on to something here Pete! Seek the Holy Spirit for guidance and protection as you see new things. I for one have thought for a long time now that we Bible believing fundamental evangelicals (a good a coin as any) have come up FAR SHORT of where we should be in being able to minister to those within the family that are under serious spiritual harassment from demonic influences. I've ministered to several individuals and families over the years that were struggling. I helped them see the deeper truths to the Scriptures and they have marched on in degrees of victory. Hallelujah!

Yeah, we can't pick and choose what we want to believe and be successful in the Christian life. We can't believe that Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to many, moved in and out of the disciples presence in closed rooms without opening doors or crawling through windows, and ascending into heaven AND NOT believe that demonic forces are real and active in our modern work-a-day world. What doeth the Bible say? Take Genesis 6 for consideration. How many people outright reject what the plain sense of the narrative is saying? Just too fantastic in their own minds.

Bless you Pete for broaching a topic that many, sad to say, are afraid to deal with.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11247

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 6/2/2014 1:47:43 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Excellent Article Pete and so very relevant to the current spiritual conditions we are living in.  I have read much of Putnam, Horn and McGuire and others and their works make you think outside of the box.  Which is so important at this hour.  Maranatha.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11246

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 6/2/2014 1:35:24 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Do you think this is part of the "strong delusion," Pete? And perhaps this is one of the final puzzle pieces before the Church is taken out of the way in the Rapture?

I, too, have not been totally satisfied by the answers from leading pastors and Bible teachers regarding some of this phenomenon. If all visions and dreams are from demons, how do we explain the instances where someone claims to see a vision of Jesus (say someone in the ME) and then proceeds to come to Christ through the Gospel?

I have been following the Lord for 17+ years, studying and learning as much as I can, and am grateful the Lord has steered me away from false teachers, etc., but it seems things are getting so complicated. I was not raised in a Bible believing church and am older, so I still have so much to learn. I feel for new believers in this day and age - there are so many more deceptions, pitfalls, etc. I surely hope He is coming to take us home soon.

Thanks for your work for the Lord, Pete. I really enjoy your articles.
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11245

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 6/2/2014 12:35:25 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Good article Pete. I will continually prepare to be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within me.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11244

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 6/2/2014 12:27:40 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I read your article and went out to watch the breeze blow through the trees.  Next to watching wind gusts move on the surface of water, this is the best thing I can think of to practically force myself into looking at the realm of spirit.  The enlightenments that God can give us when we stop. And consider His work for us in that realm that cannot be seen with our eyes, changes our materialistic perspective.

Thanks again for the writing and research, Pete.