Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, September 25, 2018   8:32:35 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

About that Vatican Prayer Invitation
Posted By: Michael
6/13/2014 10:36:01 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Some quotes from the Arutz Sheva site are very interesting. They wrote: “Pope Francis strongly condemned violence in the Middle East…” and then: “…criticised fundamentalism in Christianity, Islam and Judaism as a form of violence.”  If I read that correctly, El Papa is linking “fundamentalism” to violence. He conveniently overlooks the fact that of the three, only ONE of those systems drives violence. Seems he missed that one.

He then stated that religious violence in the Middle East was a “contradiction". I guess somewhat in the same way the D-Day invasion was a “contradiction". It’s difficult for there to be peace in the Mid-East when Muslims are taught their only purpose in life is to exterminate Jews. Looks as if he missed that one too.

And then:  “Anti-Semitism, the pope claimed, seemed to be linked more to the right-wing than to the left, though he could not explain why.” He couldn’t explain “why” for one simple reason. The statement is false. Missed that one as well.

Don't know if The Vatican monitors this site or not, but for the record, I believe in the fundamentals as taught in Scripture.  I guess that makes me Christian Fundamentalist. 

Is it just my paranoia, or does it look as if Francis is campaigning for the job of World Religious Leader?

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11307

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 6/14/2014 8:46:14 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments: "The World's Churches are heading towards an insipid, homogeneous unity, sans the gospel." Just like the US army official said, "They want Afghanistan, let them have it," I say, the world wants its watered down, gospel absent, mantra chanting, churches, let it have them. And soon. Maranatha!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11305

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 6/13/2014 12:50:27 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

No Michael you are not paranoid at all.  I'll say it again.  I truly believe he is Petrus Romanus, the last pope.   And as far as Hamas calling Jerusalem it's holy city, isn't it interesting that Jerusalem is never mentioned in Hamas's holy book the Quran.  

Now as far as the Catholic Church.  They abandoned the true message of the Gospel a very long time ago.