Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, August 15, 2018   6:03:43 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Zephaniah  3 : 9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 15

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Sheep of a Different Color
Posted By: TimSutton
7/9/2014 10:11:49 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
How did Jacob know to do this?

Thank you Wendy. Again. You always come up with
something amazing.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11389

Posted By: CK -
Date: 7/9/2014 5:26:07 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: I really enjoyed this article, as with most of your articles it was wonderfully enlightening. I accendently ranked it a one star. I have a old iPad, sorry. It's really a five star.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11390

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 7/9/2014 5:54:12 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Another winner for my science minded husband. And for me! I always wondered what was up with those sticks and the water. Some people pass it off as unexplainable, but there is nothing in God's word that is there without purpose or is unexplainable (or will be at some point in time, if not now).
Thanks, Wendy! God Bless you.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11391

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 7/9/2014 6:27:37 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: I'm not convinced but you should be interested in this link which I found when preparing Bible Studies on Genesis: http://jbq.jewishbible.org/assets/Uploads/364/364_sheep.pdf

It's about epigenetics.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11392

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 7/10/2014 2:31:25 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: It's ironic that the same science the "Megaminds" of the scientific world ala Hawkings, Sagan, Kaku,etc., always use in a feverish attempt to mock and spit in God's eye always eventually prove the truth and reality of Him. As you repeat the quote from Bacon, I repeat my comment...I wish I would of had teachers in college like you. There would have been a lot less tokin on Puff the Magic Dragon and a whole lot more studying. You make learning a joy instead of a chore.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11393

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 7/10/2014 8:30:46 AM

Comments:

Thank you Wendy for a beautifully illuminating example of 1 Corinthians 1:27 . . .

But God chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise; God chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the strong;

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11394

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/10/2014 9:02:28 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, all.  As far as how Jacob knew, your guess is as good as mine, but there is stuff in the ancient rabbinical commentaries that apparently it was thought that putting the sticks in the water like that would cause the sheep to mate.  I don't know if that's true or not.   And thanks for the link corinKeiler-Lloyd-- that was one of the thinks I looked at actually, when I was working on this. And thanks so much all of you for being such loyal and supportive commentators.  That's what keeps me going.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11395

Posted By: GeneAksland -
Date: 7/10/2014 9:46:20 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: I have always wondered about peeled twigs and the changes in the sheep population. Now you have explained how it happened. Since the colored wool trait is recessive Jacob's population is probably heterozygous. giving him the chance to later select for the more desirable white wooled lambs. The use of epigenetics gave him a head start with a larger population to work with later on his own.
Application: God supplies us with what we need to do his will.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11406

Posted By: AnneK -
Date: 7/11/2014 12:47:01 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amazing....thanks Wendy. 

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11413

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 7/12/2014 7:06:01 PM

Comments:

i really enjoy your articles wendy - i always learn something from them.Smile

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11415

Posted By: Jacqueline -
Date: 7/13/2014 11:52:10 AM

Comments:

thank you, wendy.  Absolutely love your articles!

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11419

Posted By: David_Psalm91 -
Date: 7/15/2014 1:28:22 PM

Comments: God is Awesome!!!
Good job Wendy.
Praise the Lord!!! Jesus!!!