Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, June 21, 2018   6:46:08 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 21

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Redemption, by the Book
Posted By: DonEudaly
7/22/2014 9:57:45 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article! I see something new every time you write, and this time it's not in what you wrote, but what you cite in Joel 2:2 "A people come, great and strong, The like of whom has never been; Nor will there ever be any such after them, Even for many successive generations."

This is a proof of a millennial period, because it mentions many generations that occur after this horde arrives. If this battle were the end of time, and there is no history to be written after that, how could there be many generations that follow it?

Please keep doing what you are doing. I really enjoy your point of view and scholarship.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11434

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/22/2014 11:46:57 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thansk, Don.  Most of us don't spend that much time in the prophets, but there is a lot of seriously amazing stuff in them!  I am leading a prophecy study so have been spending  a lot of time in Hosea and Zechariah lately.  What I have come away with is that God did give us the whole picture-- but he made it challenging.  The picture is separated, like a jigsaw puzzle, into thousands of pieces, and we have to find them all and put them together to really understand. But there is nothing more fascinating...

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11435

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 7/22/2014 3:41:21 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Another confirmation of 2 Timothy 2:15 . . .

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11436

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 7/22/2014 5:25:52 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: "God also requires that the nation ask their Messiah to return". This is what drives me so crazy whenever I hear someone try to invoke IIChronicles7:14, or states that we pray for God to bless the USA and restore us again. Restore us to WHAT exactly? I honestly believe that MOST of alleged "Christians" really don't want the Lord to return. "Oh,pretty please Lord, just a few more years down here so we can do whatever we want...Heaven can wait". I don't know how anyone who calls themselves Christian can be so obtuse and shortsighted as to think ANYTHING down here is even remotely better that being with the Lord as soon as possible.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11437

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 7/22/2014 6:09:46 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

All I can say, Michael, is I concur. 

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11438

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 7/22/2014 10:41:17 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great Commentary Wendy!  I was reminded of the song 'By His Wounds' from Isaiah 53 by Third Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbhHefpGM8

Luke 16:27   “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11440

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 7/23/2014 11:31:08 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Well done Wendy and to all of the posts!  Maranatha.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11441

Posted By: PattiKline -
Date: 7/23/2014 2:16:17 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Windy for yet another wonderfully insightful article ! 

I agree with Michaels statement and Carol's scripture reference ,as well !

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11467

Posted By: Bob -
Date: 7/26/2014 10:10:31 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy,

This is a great article! Thank you.

Bob
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11480

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 7/28/2014 7:48:44 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

wonderful wendy - just amazing how there is always treasure to find in the word - it just never ends and it is so good you bring these treasures to our attention - thank you!