Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, March 18, 2018   3:07:02 PM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Luke  21 : 25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Watch and Do Not Grow Weary
Posted By: Carolee
7/28/2014 10:07:24 AM

Original Commentary Link
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Amen!!!   Thank you Pete.  In this outstanding commentary . . . you've spoken for me . . . "the least of all saints"!!!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11468

Posted By: BobT -
Date: 7/28/2014 10:18:47 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: While we are indeed to look up and anxiously await His return, we are also to make disciples and persevere until He comes. I personally like a healthy balance of understanding prophecy, watching how it unfolds, and reaching out to those who don't yet know the Lord.I guess that makes me just a two trick pony...
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11469

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 7/28/2014 10:31:08 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: "...all I hope, is that Iíve helped get the message out that this age is coming to an end, and that our Lord is returning soon!" Well, Pete, you have. Please, keep writing. I look forward to your articles each week. God's Word sustains me and knowing people see and feel the way I do (and most, dare I say all of them, are on the internet), is incredibly uplifting and encouraging.

But, let's get a definition of the word "soon." You had me until the "20 years" thing. I feel like I have been in the valley my entire life and am at one of those points where I don't think I can make it another day, let alone another year, even. Last night I counted my blessings on my bed, and there are many. I found a church this past January that is doctrinally sound, loves Israel and acknowledges the Rapture. But there is no one there who longs, I mean really longs, for His coming like I do. I try, like you say you have, to be like the other Christians, but I just can't. For some reason, God has given me/us this (for lack of another word) gift, so Amen. I really am thankful for it. It gets me in my Bible on a regular basis. And Amen to that.

While feeling alone in that respect, I agree with you that "we do not worry like the pagans." The headlines don't scare me, they only reassure me that His soon return is very soon (my definition - i.e., much less than 20 years ;o). Our neighbors had a block party Saturday night and put flyers in everyone's mailboxes but ours. While it hurt, it was not one of my real struggles, nor did it make me cry. It made me angry until I realized Jesus tells us to rejoice when we face persecution because of Him. After my anger subsided, I realized what these neighbors, who are drinking and partying are soon going to face after the Rapture. That made me very sad. It is definitely an exciting time to be alive, but also a bittersweet time.

Keep writing Pete. You are an encouragement to me. Just don't put "20 years" in there any more. God Bless.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11470

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 7/28/2014 10:36:09 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: This is a wonderful article. When you and the others who write for this forum talk of your own struggles it give me hope to believe that maybe I really am a Christian despite what I feel much of the time. It is important to get others' perspective on the same topics. Each and every writer here has given me new things to think about and where we think the same, it demonstrates that we are led by one Spirit. I read the Omega Letter articles for years before ever making a comment. You'll never know this side of heaven how many lives you've impacted. Don't faint, we're nearly at the finish line.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11471

Posted By: pete -
Date: 7/28/2014 11:45:44 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11472

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 7/28/2014 11:57:58 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

I love to pray at night, in bed, while falling asleep.  Usually, it is very short because I pass out.  But its my experience that this puts my mind in a place where I can more readily hear and see what God has to say or show me.  Because I am a man with a polluted mind, this doesn't occur often.

Recently, I fell asleep asking God, among other things, what I am to be doing.  In a clear and exceptionally brief vision, I saw letters in a row, spinning like the images on a slot machine.  In sequence and not all at once, the dials would stop long enough so that I could make out four words in the middle but the other words I could not see.  What I saw was:

t h e     c a l l e d      t o      e n d u r e

Since this is a Biblically sound calling, I believe it was a message from Him.  So I've embraced that as who I am to be....But I can't wait to read the rest of the sentance.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11473

Posted By: ja -
Date: 7/28/2014 2:01:38 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: thank yo for this today- i do grow weary also and it's all i can do to keep hauling this body back and forth thru the slings and arrows. Come Soon Lord.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11474

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 7/28/2014 3:11:50 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Amen and Amen Pete!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11475

Posted By: Geir -
Date: 7/28/2014 3:26:31 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank you, Pete! Great commentary today. I have been having the same thoughts and feelings as you describe, I really needed to hear this.
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11476

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 7/28/2014 4:23:12 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

This is a good article Pete.

As for soon, 20 years is possible, we have to accept that, As for me Im leaning towards the date setting found in the bible. The Bible which gives us the Parable of the Fig Tree which is the only Parable where Jesus says LEARN the Parable. We are supposed to learn this Parable. SO Israel back in the land in 1948. Then we have Psalm 90:10 Our days may come to 70 years, or 80 if our strength endures. So here we have 1948 as a starting point and 70 to 80 years for a generation. Well 2018 would be 70 years and if you subtract 7 years for tribulation that leaves us at 2011, Well no tribulation yet, So we are in a window that stretches from 2011 to 2021,(80 years less the 7 years of tribulation is 2021). Its 2014. Now I could be wrong of course, We don't know the day or the Hour but the bible doesn't say we wont know the year. In my opinion we got somewhere between today and 7 or 8 years.  2017 2018 just feel good to me,  Like I said thats the dates im using but I know if its not Gods time then those years will come and go like all the years before them. Ill be fine with that Like I said we are on Gods time for the rapture.  Smile

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11477

Posted By: CherylKeller -
Date: 7/28/2014 4:55:01 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hooray to you,Mr. Garcia!I am the prophecy nut in my circle of believing friends.That is why I come to the Omega Letter.I thank God for the internet.It's this site and a couple of others that give me hope and feed my hungry soul for His return.
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11478

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 7/28/2014 7:35:42 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

amen pete - we all feel like this - nice to know i am not the only one struggling to go uphill !

i always am looking for the rapture and have rapture fever . . .   so much so that when it happens i will probably be surprised.  

great article - thanks. 

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 11482

Posted By: DeborahForster2012822 -
Date: 7/28/2014 8:05:28 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Thanks for such an honest article.  Yes, I feel like I'm the nut case whenever I try to talk to people about this too.  People have said, "you're such a downer" or "you're just doom & gloom".  So you're definetly not alone.  Keep up the good articles, Pete!

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 11483

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 7/28/2014 8:06:58 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Really awesome article, Pete!  In my early years of being a Christian I wanted to do great things for God, specifically go live in Israel and work for the Christian Embassy and help the Jewish people.  But that was not his plan for me.  I have felt that I have not been much use to him, and you are right that satan can supress us with "little" things as well as big things.  Anyway, you have encouraged me to take a longer, wider view and think about the wonder that lies ahead of us, and take comfort that he is with us now, and until the end of the age!  Thank you very, very much, and may the Lord bless you and your family richly!

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 11484

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 7/28/2014 8:36:08 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: Roger that Pete...Bravo Zulu. You have no idea how bad I needed that message today.
Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 11485

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 7/28/2014 11:59:53 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: One day at a time. I long for Jesus Christ to return more than everything else and pray daily for strength, endurance, patience, wisdom understanding, discernment, joy, protection and love. To do His will for His glory and Kingdom, and that He'll come for us today. Thanks for this article Pete!!! I too look forward to your articles. It is good to know I'm not alone. Maranatha!!
Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 11486

Posted By: JosephTapia -
Date: 7/29/2014 1:53:31 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen, your article spoke to me.
Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 11487

Posted By: Wayne -
Date: 7/29/2014 9:05:24 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Stay encouraged Pete...I send your post out frequently to family. I am in my sixties with advanced prostate cancer and what you said is always encouraging.----Wayne
Acts 14:21-22 "And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 11493

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 7/29/2014 2:11:44 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

It's a great article, Pete. Probably all of us that truly look for the Lord's soon return have felt all alone, and even worse than alone--we've felt like outcasts. Those times when we find ourselves alone, and feel like we're fighting against an ever-strengthening tidal wave of complacency or even hostility are the times when our metal is put to the test. I dread those times when I feel like I'm the last one left that cares about the Lord's soon return or doctrinal purity. However, it is in those times when I learn where my faith really lies. May God grant us all the strength to be like Noah's in our generation. When all the world laughs at us, may He grant us grace to keep building that proverbial boat knowing that our redemption draws near.

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 11497

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 7/29/2014 5:20:01 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: I accuse you of bugging the conversation I had with my prayer partner this morning and then you wrote an 'encouraging' answer. Alternatively, you've been listening to God. As I live in the UK and you live in the US, it's a no-brainer. Thank you for a word in season.
Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 11502

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 7/31/2014 12:36:13 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Great article Pete! But gosh, I sure hope it's not another 20 years to wait! But if so, I will still be waiting and watching patiently until He comes...

Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 11503

Posted By: PattiKline -
Date: 7/31/2014 1:33:16 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Spot on Pete !

keep looking up !

Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 11505

Posted By: ChristineB -
Date: 8/1/2014 9:51:55 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Pete, I look forward to your articles and look for them. Thank you, again, for reminding me Who I belong to. Oh! And I'm going to use that Churchill quote in class. ;-)

Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 11515

Posted By: Linda Ihinger -
Date: 8/3/2014 11:21:25 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Loved the article Pete!! Shared it on facebook...

Enduring to the end with you all!!!

Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 11516

Posted By: Jacqueline -
Date: 8/3/2014 4:41:19 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Pete - Love your articles, the Lord has obviously blessed you very much so that you can bless others.  Your words bless me.  Thanks.  jackie

Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 11573

Posted By: CrissyVanHorn -
Date: 8/11/2014 9:00:44 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I really needed to read this today...thanks Pete!