Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, December 16, 2017   11:27:30 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Ephesians  2 : 8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 16

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Cloudy with a Chance of Trumpets
Posted By: Unknown
8/5/2014 10:37:27 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article, Wendy! Thanks! It's always comforting to be reminded what we believers have to look forward to...very soon. I'm sure glad you read that Reader's Digest!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11523

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 8/5/2014 12:30:21 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: An excellent article, Wendy. I really enjoyed it, and it was sure encouraging!! May we never grow weary of well-doing, and of looking forward to His soon return!!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11524

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 8/5/2014 12:50:37 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Wendy!and Amen.

Anton.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11525

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 8/5/2014 1:06:17 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Wendy! I'm reminded of the 1980s song by Timbuk 3 "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades". At least for us Christians anyway. It is truly stunning how many of the signs are stacking up and day by day, nothing is happening that trends away from that. The rapture is truly imminent but God could delay it for years yet and still be right on time. In the meantime, we'll just "keep on keeping on".

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11526

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 8/5/2014 6:36:30 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Wendy.  I've been away for a while and that was a great one to come back to.

God Bless!!!

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11527

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 8/5/2014 8:39:59 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Reading this article, a thought struck me, one that I never really had before. Could it be that Campolo(I didn't like this guy 30 years ago and I see my intuitition was correct), Warren, Osteen ad naseum, really deep down DO know what time it is because of prophetic Scripture, but that their willful ignoring of same is some kind of insulating themselves of the future they KNOW is coming? Just a thought....by the way, how is Mr.?Wippel doing? I have very similar problems and can empathize with him.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11537

Posted By: GaleWare -
Date: 8/6/2014 3:33:40 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Comment: Wendy, you always inspire me. I love your articles, always so timely and well thought out.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11548

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 8/7/2014 10:37:20 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

This is a good heads up Wendy, I sometimes feel my opinion of how close we are to the return of Christ is hampered because of being saturated with end time news. Ive become so used to what is going on in the world that Im no longer moved by it. I went to a church camp in July that I have been attending since I was 5 years old. For the last 9 years I have talked to friends and relatives there about the times we are living in and they have been polite but not convinced, I was shocked this year when suddenly I was being told of the nearness of Christ return by all these Christians who seem to have suddenly woke up. One in particular who has rolled his eyes at me more then once through the years stood before the congregation and witnessed on the Signs of the times and the Nearness of Christ return. Maybe we are beyond the watch and into the Warning.

Ebola has shaken folks up, It has people afraid and when there afraid they lean more on God.  I feel this will pass, this is not a plague that will over run the West.  It very well may be a disaster for West Africa. This all feels more like a Birth Pang to me. Another heads up so to speak.

Thanks for your Article Wendy, There always a pleasure to read,  This one has us all thinking.

CG 

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11553

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 8/7/2014 11:35:38 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Very, very good article Wendy. And I love the title! Can I use it if the occasion arises (so to speak)?