Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, November 19, 2017   4:20:00 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Peter  5 : 8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Thousand Dollar Challenge
Posted By: Greg S/CG
8/11/2014 10:12:54 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Pete your are becoming very good at this, The Lord is using you to get his word out and I'm glad I'm here to read it.

CG
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11565

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 8/11/2014 10:18:55 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"...men and women of particular theological persuasions will not be persuaded."

And a hardy, AMEN!! Your experience may parallel mine in that I've never been more cognizant of the unwillingness of people to listen to reason. I'm rapidly approaching my "three score and ten" and I can't recall a time when people have clung so tenaciously to their "strong delusion", or were so willing to squarely stare at reality and deny it. I always thought that the strong delusion wouldn't be until the Tribulation period, but I went back and re-read 2 Thessalonians 2:7-11. I realized that the "mystery of lawlessness [was] already at work" even then. At a weekly Bible study last Saturday morning, some of us were bemoaning the sorry state of world affairs until one of the guys pointed out that everything is STILL going according to God's plan. Difficult to accept at times, I agree, but it is STILL God's plan.

We live in interesting times!

"7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.  8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, "
2 Thessalonians 2:7-11 (NKJV)

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11567

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 8/11/2014 12:35:53 PM
24 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Well... Besides saying "Great article Pete!", which I do completely sincerely, let me also say this:

Pete, Wendy, J.L., and Alf (in order of the days on which their articles are published on OL) have totally stepped up their game since we've lost Jack in March of 2013. Kudos to all of the OL writers! I must also mention that we have a new OL author on Wednesdays by the name of Lea and it looks like she'll be right up their with the other four if last weeks article was any indication. Great job by all of you and I look forward every day Monday through Friday to your articles, even if I don't always comment on each and every one. 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11568

Posted By: ja -
Date: 8/11/2014 3:19:25 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

(in particular, vs. 2-3 contrasts delineates between you and they, them.

One must distinguish (compare and contrast) the Rapture from the Second Coming passages to see that the differences between the two are irreconcilable. They simply can’t be the same event, because they are so different. Three of the biggest differences are:

i. One involves only believers, while the other (2nd Coming) involves the entire world

ii. One initiates the tribulation period known as Daniel’s 70th week, the other initiates the millennial kingdom

iii. In one, Satan is not bound for a thousand years, and the latter Satan is bound for a thousand years.

Pete, do you mind adding the ch. and verse for points 2 & 3, I am not sure I see it. thanks!
JA

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11569

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 8/11/2014 3:19:29 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Right on,Pete!

Anton.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11570

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 8/11/2014 5:07:55 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article, Pete. It reminds me of something one of our Bible School teachers used to say (though I think he got it from someone else); "The door to the truth is the will, not the intellect." In other words, regardless of how foolish or sound your arguments may be, it is often more dependent on whether or not the person your speaking to is willing to believe what you say. God bless you Pete as you continue to serve God. By the way, on Thomas Ice's website there is also a section about early references to a pre-trib rapture. Many of them are rather unclear, but there is one that is nearly 100 years prior to Darby and it is very clear, and seems to indicate there was at least a limited acceptance of the viewpoint well before Darby.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11577

Posted By: SheilaL -
Date: 8/12/2014 9:20:31 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Pete.  Thanks!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11590

Posted By: pete -
Date: 8/14/2014 8:46:59 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

JA,

i. One involves only believers, while the other (2nd Coming) involves the entire world

ii. One initiates the tribulation period known as Daniel’s 70th week, the other initiates the millennial kingdom

iii. In one, Satan is not bound for a thousand years, and the latter Satan is bound for a thousand years.

Pete, do you mind adding the ch. and verse for points 2 & 3, I am not sure I see it. thanks!

ii. 1 Thess 4 introduces the Rapture, and chapter 5 discusses the immediate ramifications of the event.  The Second Coming (Matt 24:29-31) is Christ coming to the earth (Zech 14; Rev 19)

iii. No mention of Satan binding at any Rapture passage (1 Thess 4, 1 Cor 15:51-55, Rev. 3:10, John 14:1-3)...but Satan is bound after the Second Coming (Rev. 19-20)

Hope this helps!

Pete