Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Friday, March 23, 2018   12:51:08 AM  
 Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In
Revelation  1 : 8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23
Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Public Registration

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Hard Choices
Posted By: TerryReed
8/14/2014 10:22:46 AM

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Wow! A stark reminder indeed that we who are currently insulated from such suffering tend to forget the heartache and devastation that others must face. Our government reminds me of something a friend once told me: "People are like electricity; they choose the path of least resistance." We must be faithful to pray for those that are suffering so greatly, and be mindful that our votes for those we think will line our pockets with the most green, may allow the streets to run red with blood in other places (and maybe one day on our own soil).
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11609

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 8/15/2014 3:42:05 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: it is unreal to us here what the isis satanic inspired terrorist are doing to people. it is pure evil from the pits of hell' as hard as it is to even read something like this it needed to be written and read. in syria i read of christians being thrown into torture factories where they dismember them alive. it is just so awful and even the yazidis and children. oh lord do not tarry any longer. thanks for writing this and putting it out there .
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11604

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 8/15/2014 7:15:58 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Thanks Danman- I cannot predict how God's Play has come to be or why one act by man can enact other actions by men that lead to the final ending. Man is just not intelligent enough at this time to see the future, though the consequences are plainly spelled out. Sometimes I find myself wondering if the entire scenario is not related to the Book of Job, where the contest is between God and Satan, like a Divine Game. We are the actors.

I did mention the website Rescue Christians.org and will also post on my facebook page. 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11603

Date: 8/15/2014 7:10:18 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

"7th Century Death Cult" is a great description from Michael. I often wonder why the jihadists get murder and martyr mixed up. How surprised these "martyrs" will be when they discover the 72 virgins are guys instead of gals.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11602

Date: 8/15/2014 7:05:53 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Thanks Michael- It is sobering to recognize that this "play" was written by God and we are just the actors. Ever since the Israelites demanded a human king instead of God to rule over them, God has been letting us do it to ourselves, like "Give them an inch; they will take a mile." Tribulation or not, we cannot turn this train around.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11601

Date: 8/15/2014 7:02:34 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Thanks Shelley- it is sad and depressing that these people- actually any people who are going through this tribulation of beheadings, etc.- that we cannot rescue them. Please read Danman's comment below, because he listed an organization that is trying to help.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11600

Date: 8/15/2014 7:00:01 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

And they believe they are doing it for God. Allah and YHWH seem to have opposite personalities. It will be interesting to watch this play out- a Shakespearian tragedy if it wasn't reality. And yes, the LGBT community are religious scholars for sure. They will change their tune when a jihadist comes knocking on the door- and that could happen.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11599

Date: 8/15/2014 6:55:56 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Carolee- I'm not sure if I have ever seen such a powerful video as this rescue and the expressions on the faces of the victims and the Iraqi rescuers. I have watched it several times and would encourage anyone who thinks times are tough, are upset that their child didn't make the play or a vacation is cancelled or we lost a job... watch this.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11598

Date: 8/15/2014 6:53:03 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Thanks Terry- you pretty much summed it up in your last sentence. It is always about the $$$, the reason Jesus threw the shady merchants out of the Temple. Some things never change, and it is somewhat depressing even if was all predicted. 

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11597

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 8/15/2014 5:29:46 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, isis didn't come out of no where. Our special forces trained them at a secret base in Jordan in 2012, and we have been supplying them with weapons and equipment through the cia and our state department since at least 2010 in the documentation I've seen. The Holy Spirit leads us to all truth so let's tell it like it is. IS has gotten funds, training, weapons & support from the US, Great Britain, France, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and Turkey. The leaders of these nations (and others) created these monsters for an evil reason. They are also in our country and came in over our open southern border because our president allowed it. We can only guess why because we are lied to about everything but rest assured we'll find out soon. God has been warning us for many years to repent as a nation and turn back to Him to no avail. This is only the beginning of our sorrows. When i saw the pleading of the Yazidi MP on the floor of the Iraqi parliament for her people who have gone through 72 genocide attacks in their history i broke down. Looking at the faces of the men women and children i broke down. This has been happening to our Christian brothers and sisters without one word from our 'prez' EVER since he's been in office and nothing from our pastors who take the tax exempt money. That's the TRUTH. Anyone who wants to really help save Christian's lives (besides prayer) go to Rescue Christians.org site and give what you can. Maranatha!!!
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11596

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 8/14/2014 11:03:04 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

I did not expect to ever see this kind of barbarism before the Tribulation. To those who think a pre-trib rapture is only desired by those of us in the West who want to escape suffering, I say, like Shelley, it cannot come too soon for those who are suffering like these people are suffering, and I guarantee that they are not saying that they want us in the West to suffer like they are suffering, to even things up. I wish we had decent men in government who would hear the cries of these people and do something decisive and mighty to "exterminate" this "7th Century Death Cult" as Michael so rightly said. How long, how long oh Lord?

Thank you JL for this most difficult and heart-felt article.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11595

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 8/14/2014 8:47:15 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Why isn't America and Europe destroying this maglignancy? Compliciency, pure and simple. The U.S. and Europe demonized Serbia in the Balkan war, bombing the crap out of them and embracing hundreds of thousands of Albanians; Hutus slaughtered almost 1,000,000 Tutsis and the "almighty" U.S. and the UN did NOTHING to stop them. The common thread.....wait for it, wait.....islam. I know we are supposed to pray for our enemies, but this 7th Century death cult needs to be exterminated. Pray all you want...they don't want to hear it. Gotta be ready for those 72 virgins ya know.
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 11593

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 8/14/2014 12:50:17 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

This was an excellent commentary, J.L. The video of those being rescued brought tears to my eyes as well. And even more tears, because they couldn't rescue more.  We have no idea what these people are going through.  I feel pretty guilty, when I complain about stupid things.  I only wish that I could do something for those who are oppressed.  But; we also know that Jesus is the Lord of the oppressed and hurting.  This world will NEVER be right, until Jesus returns. 

I want to go to be with Him; but I think even more so, now, I pray that He will come back to rescue all those who are living in that agony.

Puts things into perspective.  Thanks, J.L. 

God Bless,

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 11592

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 8/14/2014 12:09:45 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;" Romans 1:28

It's amazing to me to watch the above verse play out in the United States. The nation as a whole has lost the ability to think in its own best interest. Kind of like the LGBT singing the praises of Muslims. Oh really? Perhaps they would like to organize a gay pride parade in Iran or Iraq?

God help us all. We're gonna need it.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 11591

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 8/14/2014 10:46:09 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

"The crowd on board burst into tears as the chopper took off. Young and old, women and men, civilians and servicemen -- all cried with the intensity of the moment."

And looking at their faces . . . so did I!!!