Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, September 24, 2018   10:43:21 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Genesis  3 : 15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 24

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Modern Israel: An Impostor?
Posted By: BethJohnson
8/22/2014 9:17:00 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
26 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Timely article and well written, Alf! I almost came out of the pew last Sunday when my pastor actually said that "we are the new Israel". I am in the process of writing him to address his comments and his lack of discernment on this and other areas he has preached from the pulpit. I fear I may be truly churchless soon, as my church seems to be going the ways of following wolves in sheeps clothing. Praise the Lord for the OL! I read it daily and relish in the fact that I can commune with other Believers here. As an aside, I, too have been finding nearly all of my "Christian themed" emails in the Spam folder, including the OL. Satan knows his time is short. I cannot imagine living in this hideous world today and not being a Christian with our Blessed Hope. Blessings to my OL family! I so look forward to meeting you one day and I believe it may be sooner than we imagine.
Beth Johnson
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11637

Posted By: Paula -
Date: 8/22/2014 10:18:03 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yes, a very well-written article, Alf!  It is amazing how people can read the same Bible, and come up with this stuff that is so wrong.  I'm glad you are in there contending with them.  I don't have a church except the OL, and don't know any people with whom to contend.  I sort of wish I did!  It is a worthy fight!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11638

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 8/22/2014 11:43:23 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,
because they are spiritually discerned
1 Corinthians 2:14

A footnote in my Bible goes on to say . . .

"The unsaved man is at enmity with God and cannot understand the things of the Spirit, so it is foolish to take seriously any effort of unsaved men to explain the scriptures.  Modernists who do not believe the Bible cannot understand it and should never be trusted as spiritual leaders."

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost
1Peter 1:20-21

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11639

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 8/22/2014 12:59:39 PM
24 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I don't know about anyone else but to tell you the truth I'm getting tired of all of it. Pre-this, Pro-that, Mid-this, Neo that!  It is not a criticism of any of the articles but of the weariness of the times.  Everything is deteriorating so rapidly it is starting to make my head ache.  Jesus is Lord and Lord of all.  My beliefs have not wavered but my tolerance sure has.  Come Lord! The longer you tarry more and more are suffering terribly and it's starting to get to me.  Maranatha!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11640

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 8/22/2014 1:01:54 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Another great article Alf. I am continually stunned at the speed with which Christians are jumping ship for the good ship Israel hoping that it will sink. Clearly the bulk of the church doesn't understand how closely Israel's destiny and ours are linked. May God grant us to remove the glasses that negatively color everything Israel does, and start looking at Israel through the biblical lens that brings everything into clear focus.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11641

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 8/22/2014 1:07:34 PM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Tom Lamedola, 

I was a little saddened by the weary tone of your post. Yes, it's true that the church seems likes its locked into so many petty arguments. The truth is these same arguments have been raging since the early centuries of the church, we just know more about them now because of the explosion of information brought in by the Internet. 

I too long for the Lord's soon return, but as a missionary involved in reaching the many that don't know the Savior yet, I pray for grace to stay in the battle until the fullness of the Gentiles be brought in.

May God grant you the grace to stay in the fight, and keep standing up for the truth. Imagine how lonely Noah must have felt in the days leading up tot he flood, as he preached his heart out, and only got mocking and derision in return. May God give you strength! 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11642

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 8/22/2014 1:38:38 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Terry,  Sorry if I bummed you out.   I'm not giving up the fight, just a little tired.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11643

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 8/22/2014 2:17:24 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Tom L. I understand where you're coming from. I can't recall any scripture where the Church desired that the rapture be postponed because there are still some unsaved; rather we are to be eagerly looking for it--while working, of course. There were also those Israelites who sighed and mourned over the evil being done all around them and God had an angel put a special mark on them so that they would be spared when judgment came. How can anyone not mourn over what we see going on, not only in our churches, but around the world? I think it's only natural to become weary in waiting at times. Then we pray and the Lord gives us strength to carry on. I don't think a down spell is indicative of not caring for the lost, rather it shows you have deep compassion for those who are suffering.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11644

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 8/22/2014 6:55:23 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am astounded that anyone can read the Bible from beginning to end and not love the Jewish people and even believe in replacement theology. It has to be a demonically inspired idea. You have the people of God, who went thru a nightmare, who were returned to their land, all according to God's word. A very small piece of land that they were given, just like the rest of the Arab states were given these huge amounts of land from the same deal. And everyone has been having a fit ever since. Israel believes in the God of the Bible, just like Christians do, and with all the apostasy I see in the church, there may be more Messianic Jews now than actual true Christians, percentage wise. It is not possible to follow Christ, WHO IS A JEW, believe in the Bible, WRITTEN BY JEWS, and think the way these people think. Two peoples, the PA who worship the devil or the Jewish people who for the most part believe in the one true God, and have probably been hesitant about faith in Christ because of the horrible things that 'so called' Christians, the Catholic church, etc, etc have done to them. This is just another part of the Apostasy. The self righteous apostates of their time & OUR SINS were what crucified our Lord. Israel is no more guilty of sin than we are. But then their whole schtick is re-interpreting the Bible & picking & choosing what they want to believe, creating apostate versions to tickle their ears, so this should come as no surprise that they would be this blind with Israel also.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.