Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, February 25, 2018   12:35:41 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  13 : 17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

American Idols
Posted By: Carolee
9/9/2014 9:10:35 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the
goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:13-14

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11744

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 9/9/2014 9:30:18 AM
25 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Carolee. I was fortunate enought to grow up spiritiually in a campus-based new testament church that only sang scripture songs and that verse was one of my favorites.  Thanks for the very timely reminder that we have nothing to fear, because to live is Christ and to die is gain!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11745

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 9/9/2014 10:31:44 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I beleive that our faith and the courage of our conviction towards that faith is about to be tested in ways American Christians could have never dreamed was possible should the Lord tarry.  I pray daily the Holy Spirit will provide me with that courage and conviction in the days a head.  Wendy your article should be a warning to all of his children especially in this nation because we have grown soft, easily deceived and complicit in the demise of America.  Judgement is coming to this nation and soon.  Of that I am certain.  Christians and Jews will become targets. Judgement begins in the house of God.  God be with us.  Maranatha

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11747

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 9/9/2014 6:00:13 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I'd have to agree, Tom, that our faith and convictions here in the USA will be tested shortly. I believe the rapture is close but increased Christian persecution and loss of any liberties here in the USA is even closer. Something tells me that we'll have to go through a little bit here so we can blow the trumpet as the watchmen on the wall. There's no better way to get people's attention than to pull the rug out from underneath their way of life and we'll need to be there to tell them what's actually happening. I hope I'm wrong...

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11748

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 9/9/2014 9:21:06 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: 1., I agree that we are going to see a WHOLE lot more than we previously thought before the Rapture. I don't know if its right or wrong, but I for one do not plan to go quietly into that good night if I have the ways and means to at least stand and fight, to protect my loved ones. don't get me wrong, it isn't to prolong the inevitable, its a matter of not being a coward in the eyes of the Lord if I can protect them from unnecessary pain or torment. 2., I cant believe I am saying this, but I actually agree with Obummer...islam IS one of the great religions in the world, along with Hinduism, Buddism, vanilla strength "Christian" denominations, etc. The only problem is that membership to these religions don't mean squat in terms to a relationship with THE Living God. Nothing, nada,zip zilch, zero. The "religious" ones are the ones with a decapitation fetish.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11753

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 9/10/2014 12:57:22 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

i absolutely agree

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11778

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 9/16/2014 12:57:11 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good stuff as usual Wendy!!

Pastors -- Ignoring the truth isn't helping anyone Charlie Butts (OneNewsNow.com)
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
with the release of a new Barna survey, a ministry leader believes people in the pews are not always hearing what they need to hear from the pulpit.

According to study, 90 percent of pastors surveyed believe the Bible says a lot about pressing political and social issues, but less than ten percent actually preach about such topics. Sam Rohrer of the American Pastors' Network (APN) tells OneNewsNow America's culture is suffering because of that.

"When those in the pulpit choose not to preach the controversial portions or the portions that really affect our culture and the people in the pew, when that is done, confusion reigns," Rohrer contends. "And I would say that the pastors in the pulpit have sinned, and they're going to have an awful lot to answer to before God himself when they stand before him."

The study suggests that pastors do not want to offend people and want their congregations to leave feeling warm and fuzzy, so they fail to preach about sin, "about the necessity of living a righteous life, making biblically obedient decisions, because those tend to be uncomfortable; those challenge us," the APN president submits. "But that's exactly what the Word of Got is to do. So if we do not challenge people in their lives, in their choices by what God says, we are failing in the pulpit to deliver what God says, and our culture will suffer the results."

Rohrer adds that if pastors do not speak to the culture in their sermons, then people will not be equipped to impact the culture.