Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, June 25, 2018   3:56:11 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 2
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Attacking Gideon
Posted By: Michael
9/11/2014 9:57:35 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
"Thatís how the 5% control the 95%."

And historically, it's interesting to note that when the Communist party controlled the hundreds of million of people in the former Soviet Union, party membership never exceeded 5% of the total population.

I've supported the Gideon's since I met a retired general who was active with them. They're a great organization.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11756

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 9/11/2014 11:07:31 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree and am planning to attend a meeting. I wish they would promote themselves a little more.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11757

Posted By: ja -
Date: 9/11/2014 12:47:07 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: it's sooo mixed up now. it makes me ill. I pray we all endure the crush of evil and lies. Chaos is at an all time high world-wide. Oh Lord be with us.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11758

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 9/11/2014 2:02:03 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article JL!

After all, a Gideons Bible is even mentioned in a Beatles song (Rocky Racoon)! I was sickened to learn of the Navy's original ban on Gideons Bibles in their hotel rooms. The famous actor Ian McKellen (recently of X-Men and Lord of the Rings fame) admits he tears out the page containing Leviticus 18:22 (condeming homosexuality) out of the Gideons Bibles of any hotel rooms at which he stays. BTW, why don't adulterers do that with Leviticus 18:20? Anyway, even he leaves the rest of the Bible there!  Which even he couldn't do if there's no Gideons Bible there to begin with.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11760

Date: 9/12/2014 7:14:59 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for commenting. It is discouraging to see how quickly things are changing. On the other hand, we are getting to watch the final act come into being, in my opinion.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11761

Date: 9/12/2014 7:17:50 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Interesting. I guess there are a few parts of Leviticus I would like to tear out, but it wouldn't fool God. I did not know about this and wonder how many people may have opened those Bibles and noticed that part missing. Bet that would stir up a little curiosity.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11769

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 9/12/2014 2:49:29 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Time is rapidly running out.

Anton.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 14064

Posted By: TrudyBooker -
Date: 2/16/2017 7:05:51 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

My father was a Gideon  for many many years. He spoke in churchs all over the county. He is now retired at the age of 93. He enjoyed the organization and truly believed in their work. Everything Christian is being attacked in this world. I truly believe it is a sure sign that our Lord is coming for us soon!