Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   12:27:04 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The End of All Things
Posted By: DonEudaly
10/13/2014 9:32:06 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Good stuff, Pete. I hope more and more people will get to the point that we can discuss these issues without becoming sectarian about them, but just trying to learn.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11900

Posted By: JaneSeiler -
Date: 10/13/2014 9:57:34 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well done Pete! You have given good perspective on many things. I do hope I don't get tangled up around the axle and start thinking I know everything!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11901

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 10/13/2014 11:49:24 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"There is no secret formula or creating anew of doctrines or teachings, it is simply to treat the entire Bible equally when it comes to interpretation. When you do this, the grandeur and beauty of the Bible becomes even more relevant and understandable when placed in its proper context." 

Very simply and beautifully said. And the concept of progressive revelation especially appeals to me. Having raised two boys, there were things I just didn't tell them at 4, but waited until they were 12, when they could more fully understand them. Not to say that it isn't all there in His Word already.There are just certain things we aren't ready to "see" or understand until we are older/more mature.   

Thank you, Pete. Looking forward to Part 2. I always enjoy your articles and learn a lot. Keep them coming. I am going to forward this to a friend. Maranatha!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11906

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 10/14/2014 4:53:05 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: "People don’t accuse Martin Luther of creating justification by grace through faith…"

THANK YOU!!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've made that same argument.