Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, September 22, 2018   10:50:05 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 22

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Two Witnesses
Posted By: Martha E
10/30/2014 9:43:31 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

excellent! and some people think the bible is not interesting - they will know one day what they are missing. i always wonder which two of three possibilities will it be when i think of the 2 witnesses . enoch; elija; moses. i will wait and seeSmile.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11989

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 11/6/2014 7:28:44 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I believe that no one knows the answers to many of the questions the Bible poses. God did not make it simple, at least in my opinion. I do think that the importance of Revelation should be taught to all Christians by their churches and not avoided. In my book series I present a little different view on a lot of this than what is "main stream." The hope is that readers will dig out their Bibles, maybe several versions, and do some research. It could be that we are all wrong, or it could be that we are all right, concerning the disappearance of the Church.

Revelation, to me, is the final act in God's cosmic play. People who are Christians but have never heard of the rapture theory or the Two Witnesses have not learned the subject matter. It's kind of like claiming to be a physicist but not knowing the laws of physics or the speed of light. If the Church does not/will not teach about Daniel and other prophets' predictions of the last days, then it is up to us to do our own research, like taking a correspondence course. Revelation is relevant.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11983

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 11/3/2014 8:33:25 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thanks, Jerry. I think the Church is the Church. If we believe the Gospel and are sealed with the Holy Spirit, it doesn't matter what you believe about the Rapture. The Church, the body of Christ, disappears. So, I believe it is the whole Church.

And I so hope you are right, J.L., that we are going home soon. Sometimes I feel like I am just hanging on, barely. How much worse can it get before we go? Maranatha!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11982

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 11/1/2014 4:59:20 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hi Jerry . . . just read what Kathy said and your response. 

Truthfully . . . that thought never occurred to me before in that context!!!  To be sure there were the virgins who because of carelessness on their parts didn't have sufficient oil (Holy Spirit) in their lamps (hearts) but that's not quite the same thing. 

However . . . Matthew 24:43 says

"But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up."

and then of course Matthew 25:13 warns us

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

and we're accountable for familiarizing ourselves with God's Word if it's available to us so is it possible she has a point???

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11981

Date: 11/1/2014 9:21:37 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

No, I'm sorry and did not mean to insinuate that, though it does open possibilities of: Can you be raptured if you think it's fiction? Personally I do not know. I was trying to make the point that the Church in large part does not inform their flocks of this very important information.  It seems that many Christians believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, except for Revelation. The churches should pay close heed to the first paragraph of Revelation. Thank you for commenting.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11980

Posted By: kathy -
Date: 10/31/2014 12:46:06 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Mr Robb can you clarify your statement " This is sad especially for the many who believe that Jesus is the Christ but did not get the message about the rapture and the Two Witnesses." do you mean that those who havent heard about the rapture wont be raptured? thanks
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11978

Date: 10/31/2014 8:41:48 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for commenting, Michael. I agree totally that Enoch should have been a book of the canonized Bible, and I think it is part the Ethiopian scriptures of Jews who moved there. Though written prior to 300 BC, the early Church decided it was not God-inspired. So here is Enoch, a man who walked with God and one of two who made it to heaven without dying, and the Canonites felt his book wasn't God inspired? 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11977

Date: 10/31/2014 8:31:09 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

A spectator in heaven would be good! Would not want to be a spectator down here. It would be a tough test.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11976

Date: 10/31/2014 8:30:17 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You are not alone, Danman. I ask the same every day, and remind Jesus that he did promise. There are many all over the world who are waiting anxiously.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11975

Date: 10/31/2014 8:28:47 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree, Martha. I think one reason so many find the Bible uninteresting is because of they way we are taught to read it. It would be difficult to read a novel by bouncing all over the place, a paragraph (verse) here and there. I thought the same until one day I sat down and started on page 1, like other books. It is unbelievably interesting.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 11974

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 10/30/2014 8:30:30 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: J.L., again I have 2 things to throw about. 1., I personally believe Enoch should have been added to the Canon but wasn't because it presented a Messiah when it wasn't convenient for the Jews and it blew apart the RC view of the Latter times, and 2., the fact that that the dwindling number of people who hold to the Pre-Trib Rapture view is growing is a HUGH sign it is the right view. Just my 2 cents worth.
Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 11973

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 10/30/2014 4:20:24 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree Jerry that it will be Enoch and Elijah.Moses died indeed God was his undertaker.Anyway I hope to be just a spectator from Heaven.

God bless,

Anton.

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 11972

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 10/30/2014 4:00:04 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: I agree Jerry and i love all the Bible stories. I was amazed at how my friend in Colorado could read a passage (out of context) in the Bible and come up with a totally different meaning than i did, especially since his dad was a minister and he works in a church. I pray every day for Jesus to return for us. Maranatha.
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 11971

Date: 10/30/2014 3:14:44 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Me too, Martha. We will know sooner rather than later.