Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   4:14:22 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  10 : 29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Turning Water to Blood
Posted By: BobT
11/6/2014 10:22:24 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
We have no idea, nor can we comprehend, the devastation that will be witnessed during the Tribulation. I don't see any possible way of allegorizing this, or seeing it as being metaphorical, as some do. The really sad part is so many will curse God and not turn from their ways!

Not to be picky, but wasn't Revelation originally written in Greek, not Hebrew?
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 11990

Posted By: ja -
Date: 11/6/2014 12:52:33 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Velikovsky has some interesting views on these things!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 11991

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 11/6/2014 12:57:45 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent article,Jerry.2nd and third trumpet judgments(Rev 8) and 2nd and third bowl judgments(Rev 16).God bless.I prefer turning water into wine!

Anton.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 11992

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 11/6/2014 2:43:14 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article. I never really thought about the progression of the plagues before. What a fascinating video on the planets! My husband got me interested in astronomy and what a comfort it brings. If God created this incredible universe and manages to hold it all together, I guess I can trust Him to take care of me. I am struggling with this more as our world spirals into madness. So, thank you for the encouragement!

J.L., do you have some favorite astronomy sites you could share with us? I know it is one of your passions. Thanks.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 11994

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 11/6/2014 3:36:27 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments: This was an interesting article, though I'm not sure I agree completely with assigning natural phenomenon as the explanation of God's divine intervention in the affairs of Egypt and Israel.
Years ago I read an article by a liberal theologian that was trying to minimize the miraculous nature of the ten plagues. He followed a very similar idea. However, upon closer examination it seems that there are internal problems with the progression. For one, the red tide theory wouldn't seem to explain how the water in people's wooden and stone water pots, along with all the pools of water in Egypt would also turn to blood. (Ex. 7:19) Also, if each of the plagues followed one after the other in quick succession, then they would not be caused by divine providence, but it would have required a miracle to stop the progression which seems to run counter to the biblical account. Also, it seems that the frogs, lice, flies, locusts, etc. were miraculously multiplied so that they would cover everything to the extent they did. (I don't believe that the Nile has that many frogs in it) Also, a natural reading of the text would seem to imply that there was some passage of time between each of the plagues so that each plague would not naturally follow one from the other.
There is no doubt that these were all divinely controlled miracles, and not simply the logical sequence of the turning of the water to blood by a natural occurrence such as a red tide.
I think we run the risk of undercutting God's divine power that was displayed in the 10 plagues by ascribing naturally occurring phenomenon as the reason for the plagues. I understand that everyone is saying that God divinely controlled the red tide of the first plague and that it was miraculous, but let's be careful to give God His due. He controlled each of the plagues in His time, and they were not simply the result of one plague following the next. Besides, if the red tide provoked the swarming of the frogs, then plague one and two would have occurred almost simultaneously, because the frogs would have swarmed out of the water very quickly. Do we have any examples of a red tide provoking similar phenomenon elsewhere since they are well-known occurrence?
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 11995

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 11/6/2014 4:19:33 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for commenting Bob. Yes, it will be devastating, indescribable. I will recheck Revelation and the language. I know wikipedia said it was written in Greek, but I think I may have read otherwise.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 11996

Date: 11/6/2014 4:20:12 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

ja- I love the writings of Immanuel Velikovsky. People thought he was crazy.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 11997

Date: 11/6/2014 4:20:44 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Anton, water to wine works for me!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 11998

Date: 11/6/2014 4:24:13 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for commenting and asking. I check spaceweather.com every day to make sure an asteroid isn't going to wipe us out. I also like space.com and here is an interesting Hubble video. Any of the Hubble Telescope sites are great. 

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 11999

Date: 11/6/2014 4:30:43 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Terry... let me do some research on frog/red tide incidences. Most red tides aren't nearly as red as the occurence at Bondi Beach. I surely don't know how God does the wondrous things He does, but it happens. Red tides also are rare in the Nile from what I've read, and of course the urns of fresh water were also turned to blood. It's hard to imagine how water could molecularly turn to blood, but then how could it turn to wine. I am convinced that God can do whatever He wishes. Thanks for reading and commenting and making the great points!

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 12004

Date: 11/8/2014 9:23:38 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 7 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good morning. A few months ago I read an article about the language of the New Testament and the article stated that Revelation was the only book in the New Testament written almost entirely in Hebrew. Unfortunately I did not save the article. I did find some mere articles that express the same opinion.

http://www.blainerobison.com/endtimes/rev-hebrew.htm and there are others.

Many scholars believe the entire NT was written first in Hebrew and then translated to Greek, which makes sense since the writers were all Jews and Hebrew/Aramaic was their language of choice. 

Many scholars believe Revelation was written in Greek, because3 Greek transcripts is all that has been discovered at this point. I guess school's still out on this one. 

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 12008

Date: 11/10/2014 11:21:30 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Reading a book called Sahara, all about the "red tide" !
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 12009

Date: 11/10/2014 11:26:51 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Terry, yes I agree that we can take God's amazing power away from Him if we are not careful. Perhaps in our modern terms we can't accept pure miracles, or perhaps He did use nature to an extent we can't know. Some of this is speculation but it pushes us to think and study! Good things to do Can't wait to see what Robb finds