Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   5:05:40 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Chronicles  7 : 14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Garbage In; Garbage Out
Posted By: Michael
11/20/2014 11:01:42 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
"Will we ever learn from history?"

Uhh, apparently not.

I’ve never found evidence that science-fiction writer Keith Laumer was a believer, however in his 1965 book "A Plague of Demons”, the main character is surgically transformed and with his transformation given the ability to see aliens. The aliens are harvesting humans brains for their utility. He finds himself in situations where he’s one of the few who see the evil aliens for what they really are. Everyone else sees the aliens as normal people and treats them as such. He becomes frantic in his efforts to warn others, but everyone else just smiles and goes about business as usual, oblivious to impending disaster. While decidedly NOT a "Christian" story, it still has something of a Biblical feel to it. It also sums up how I feel most days. I look around and say, "Can't you people SEE these things?"

It seems scoffers now come in two groups; some outright ridicule Scripture and mock Jesus openly, the rest, while not openly contemptuous, treat the Salvation Story as a sweet child’s fairy tale.

Frankly, the world is starting to wear on me.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12039

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 11/20/2014 11:10:02 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments: Good article JL. It is a good reminder of the depravity of the human heart. We live in a day and age when evil is called good, and good evil, and when those that kill God's children believe they are doing God a favor. May God teach us to number our days aright, and may we faithfully pray that God would remove the blinders from those who have been blinded by the god of this age so that they may see the light of the Gospel before it's too late. May He also grant repentance and wisdom to our nation's leaders before it is too late.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12040

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 11/20/2014 4:01:49 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"Will we ever learn from history?"

Yes! We've learned that the one thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history Tongue out

Good article J.L.! As a systems analyst, I'm all too familiar with garbage in, garbage out and I loved its analogy to Islam. So true. God help us all! 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12041

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 11/20/2014 9:21:22 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: When you mentioned Rwanda I immediately thought of how absolutely brainwashed this country, including sadly many people stating Christianity as their religion really is. Shrillary is almost a shoe-in for the 2016 Presidential race. When ol' Bill was in power, he LET the Rwandans be slaughtered like animals, he demonized the Serbs in the Bosnian war while embracing the Albanian muslims like he embraced Monica(oh wait, I forgot...that really wasn't having extramarital sex) and he lied straight faced to the world, but now he is a great guy who makes millions mumbling gibberish to crowds. NOW, his "wife" lied through HER teeth about Bengazi, as well as being complicet in God knows how many assasinations of people who would have shown their true nature. Sadly, a WHOLE lotta Christians are either to uninformed, obtuse, or plain old dumb and will willingly vote for her. Of course, their reasoning will be that DEMONocrats are ALWAYS for the poor and oppressed. Brainwashing at its finest, and it will be fostered and nurtured at a pulpit near you real soon.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12042

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 11/21/2014 6:48:31 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Michael, it's wearing on me too. I am so ready to get on with it, but God's patience is different than mine, thankfully. The news is full of unprecedented disasters, but we just don't get it.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12043

Date: 11/21/2014 6:50:26 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Terry. I think God is past the point of removing the blinders, provided by Satan. It seems like the book of Job being reenacted, only instead of a man it is the world population. 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12044

Date: 11/21/2014 6:52:30 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Kerry. I guess this is why "history repeats itself," because of the blinders mentioned in a previous comment. I don't really see things changing toward the good until Jesus reappears. Satan seems to be controlling the world at the moment.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12045

Date: 11/21/2014 6:56:32 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You are so right. Rwanda was a sad story in a saddening world, and the Clinton presidency let it happen. The UN was useless. Of course he was busy in the Oval office taking care of business if you get my drift. I am sure he is probably a "nice guy" to have a beer with or tell dirty jokes, but his presidency led us to this. And THIS is not good.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12046

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 11/21/2014 3:37:02 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Jerry, we here in the U.S. are also being brainwashed and have been since the 1950's through tv and corporate controlled media. There were 3 Israeli teens murdered last summer and a young Palestinian in revenge. Garbage in garbage out. No, i truly believe most people NEVER learn from history. Sad but true, and consequently all hell is about to break loose. Come quickly Lord Jesus. Please!!