Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, September 19, 2018   10:41:47 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Thessalonians  2 : 4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Virgin and Her Son
Posted By: TerryReed
11/25/2014 9:52:49 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Thanks for this good article Wendy reminding us that God has had a great plan to redeem the world since before Adam and Eve partook of the forbidden fruit. His Creation in so many ways points to Him. May God give us eyes to see all His handiwork, and the courage to point His handiwork out to those we meet.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12060

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 11/25/2014 11:07:40 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well, I will put my socks back on since you TOTALLY knocked them off! As a recovered pagan, it's no secret to the people who know me that at one time, I religiously paid heed to my horoscope. As a matter of fact, I was first introduced to "birth charting" as a method of divining the future by a woman with whom I sang in a church choir. She had a small library of books to which she referred so she could compile accurate readings. Seems as if mankind is always able to take something GOD has given us for good and help Satan twist it into something evil.

I’ve read the passage from Job many times, and sadly, I confess I’ve skimmed over the word “Mazzaroth” without bothering to look it up. When I did, I found this:

“Mazzaroth - Prognostications, found only Job 38:32, probably meaning "the twelve signs" (of the zodiac), as in the margin (Compare 2Ki 23:5).”

Interestingly, the passage in 2Kings 23:5 is:

“5 And he [King Josiah] put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.”

As I read that passage, I also thought of Romans 1:25” concerning people

, “Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.” Romans 1:25 (KJV)
You gotta love the way the Bible just ties everything together.

Best wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving Day to you Wendy, your family, your loved ones and to all my brothers and sisters here at the Omega Letter.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12061

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 11/25/2014 12:25:37 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thous hast ordained; What is man that you are mindful of him? and the son of man,  that thou hast visitied him?  Ps. 8:3-4

Awesome Wendy, just absolutley awesome!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12063

Posted By: Unknown -
Date: 11/25/2014 2:35:29 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wow!  I feel as though I've just gotten some graduate level instruction in Biblical astronomy!  Very well researched and written, Wendy!  The universe was created with a precision that only God could arrange.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12064

Posted By: ja -
Date: 11/25/2014 2:55:51 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: bam!!!!!! love this one.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12065

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 11/25/2014 8:31:19 PM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy, when do you ever have time to do your primary job, which is virtually impossible for the normal person to comprehend? You must be working on a 36-48 hour day or have access to some of the other dimensions posited by String Theory diciples. This was truly an awesome article that HAD to take a ton of time in research. Absolutely outstanding.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12066

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 11/26/2014 12:45:55 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks very, very much, all of you, and happy thanksgiving!! And actually, Michael, God gave me ten very happy years in which I worked from home, homeschooled my kids, and indulged my interest in apologetics, so a lot of hte research (and preliminary writing) I had done before.  And I own a whole apologetics library, so I have a lot of good sources.  I guess God was preparing me for this opportunity to share what i have learned. 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12067

Posted By: Jacqueline -
Date: 11/26/2014 1:08:43 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Just wonderful, as usual!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12071

Posted By: JosephTapia -
Date: 11/27/2014 11:55:38 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: WOW!!!