Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, July 19, 2018   3:25:57 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Cradle, the Cross and the Crown
Posted By: BobT
12/1/2014 9:29:07 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
As usual Pete, there's a lot of wonderful information in your article, and it takes time to digest it!

If I may make one suggestion to help you along, find a good editor. It's always helpful to have someone else proofread for spelling and grammar errors, and it will elevate your written product to an even higher level.

Keep up the great work!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12083

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 12/1/2014 2:59:19 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I think Pete does a fantastic job on a continuing basis particularly considering that he is a full time serviceman and his excellent commentaries are simply a blessed sideline!!!

Even though I consider myself a "purist" when it comes to the English language . . . personally . . . I find critiquing Pete's editorial expertise in spelling and grammar far more offensive than any less than perfect proof reading on his part!!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12084

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 12/1/2014 4:07:46 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

God Bless you, Pete. I so look forward to your articles each week! I too prefer substance over form, but hey, to each his own. :o)

... every knee should bow, whether it is in heaven, on earth, under the earth, throughout all of creation, and confess that Jesus Christ is King. (Philippians 2:9-11) One of my very favorite verses. There will be many knees bowing voluntarily, but also many bowing involuntarily. So be it. Thanks for pointing me back to the beauty which is Christ in what can be a crazy season. Joy... Love... Peace be with the OL family! Amen!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12085

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 12/1/2014 4:55:58 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great article Pete!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12087

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 12/2/2014 10:28:33 AM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

The final edit comes down to me.  Pete sends his columns in in plenty of time, they are always very detailed and inspired. Although we would like to send out perfection (and ultimately that IS the goal).  I was taught that a good writer also has a VOICE and you don't want to mess with that.  I am certain I miss things and many times people will email me and I will make that change immediately.  Please feel free to send me your "catches" and if Pete's voice remains in the edit...we will make it so.

In the body there are many gifts and we do appreciate ya'lls. (especially constructive critism and attention to detail).

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12093

Posted By: VickyBaze -
Date: 12/2/2014 4:22:19 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Hello Pete, your article is superb, uplifting and reminds me of our hopeful future that we all have together with. It will truly be an awesome day when we all kneel before our King of Kings! Also your writing style along with everyone else here contributing articles is excellent! Sincerely, Vicky

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12095

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 12/2/2014 7:33:38 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

God continue to bless you, Pete, with such messages as this!  Right on/to-the-point truth...HalleluYAH!

The paragraph that begins with "The victory at the Cross" and ends with the point about Jesus' exchange of His glorified state before He "took upon Him (self) the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:...He humbled Himself..." really caught my attention.  I hadn't pondered the difference between His human self and now "glorified human body" for some time.  It truly gives one pause, doesn't it?  Here's an effort in worship/fellowship with The Lord of Glory for sure!  Selah!

Again, Pete, I always look forward to your messages, and know The LORD will continue to help you "strenthen your brethren" until He comes for us all.  Thank you, Shalom, Brother Pete, and "Glory to God in the highest, peace on earth, good will toward men."

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12096

Posted By: DanDapper -
Date: 12/2/2014 10:05:24 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I'm teaching a study on Revelation now with a bunch of guys (actually, Hal is teaching it, because we are using Hal's lectures from Palm Desert and his book, There is a New world Coming)

That said, interesting group we have, cops, firefighters and some other riff raff, ex military, LOL

Anyhow Pete, what you were studying for your article is exactly what I have been studying on all week for my teaching on Revelation.

(Killer insights Pete! I need to digest it all like another post said.)

We did not meet last week because of Thanksgiving, but the week before I went into how Alexander the Great was the one who basically wrote Koine Greek, cool stuff; maybe we will see Alexander the Great in heaven.

When Alexander rode into Jerusalem the Jews came out and read Daniel to Alexander, Alexander turned and rode away, now knowing the Hebrew prophets told of all his conquest.

Cool stuff, we may see Alexander the Great in heaven? Jesus did use him and he knew the Israelites God was the God who foretold all his conquest.  Trippy! 

PS I will post on our study if anyone is interested, my buddy Dave got me to do this study, because we see all that is coming down.

But I'm a Jonah; I hate preaching doom and gloom. Anyhow, pray for Dave and I and all that come to this "end times" study!

PSS I need Kari to edit my post, LOL

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12114

Posted By: SheilaL -
Date: 12/7/2014 9:57:17 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article Pete! I can't imagine the amount of your time you spend each week to share your gifts with us. Thank you!