Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, August 19, 2018   11:40:34 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Due Date
Posted By: Anton
12/16/2014 11:24:06 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Beautifully written,Wendy.Thank you.Blessed Christmas to all at OL.
Anton.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12152

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 12/16/2014 1:36:07 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Hi Wendy,
Good article. It is always good to think back to God's goodness in sending a savior in the midst of human depravity. What a blessing to have a Savior who came in due time.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12153

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 12/16/2014 5:50:41 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Greetings, Wendy!  This message is a breath of fresh air, and I especially was impressed with your comment about how Mary responded to the angel Gabriel as being "in stark contrast...to many other men and women" approached by The Lord through His messengers (and some directly!) 

Mary truly stands out as "the one" specially chosen by God for this miraculous move by Him, not only upon conceiving/bearing His Son "JESUS", but also raising Him.  And then of course, to behold Him suffering and dying for her/all of mankind on the Cross.

As a role model for wives/mothers, Mary is definitely "highly favored,...blessed...among women."  In her humble submission to "the LORD GOD", all of humanity can learn a lesson as she stated to Gabriel:  "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; but it to me according to your word."

The Merriest of Christmases to you, Wendy, and the Happiest of New Years!  And always, Shalom! 

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12154

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 12/17/2014 10:52:18 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: I don't dispute the main thrust of your article but, as a point of accuracy, Rome did not rule most of the UK and never did. At the Birth of Christ Rome had attempted to invade and had been repelled.Julius Caesar never conquered Britain. In AD 43, after the resurrection of Christ, Claudius invaded with a massive force. Previous experience had taught the Romans they would need this. The Romans were able to subjugate the relatively easy terrain in the South, but had difficulty with the hill/mountains and valleys of the West and North. In short, they ruled what would become England, more or less and not Wales and Scotland. Britain was not part of the Roman Empire at Christ's first coming and, God-willing, it will not be a part of a new Roman Empire at the time of His return.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12155

Posted By: ja -
Date: 12/17/2014 12:47:36 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments: waiting.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12165

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 12/22/2014 12:15:28 PM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Me too, Ja.