Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, February 20, 2018   8:13:35 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  4 : 1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

A Tale of Two Churches
Posted By: DaleWarford
12/30/2014 11:34:59 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Perfect Wendy! We as believers MUST NOT allow the world to tell us what is the message of the Gospel!

This is what the "Emergent Church Movement" is doing in my opinion (maybe not an opinion). They are allowing the world to shape the Gospel message and fashion it the way it wants in the minds of emergent fans. It is, in reality, slavery.

In this time I perceive the Holy Spirit moving believers to venues in association with the local Church that will protect us in the days to come. Smaller groups of believers wherein the Gospel will be shared and preserved within worshipful hearts seeking opportunity to point others to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12188

Posted By: TomLaMendola -
Date: 12/30/2014 1:23:11 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I agree with your assessment Dale.  Come quickly Lord please.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12190

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 12/30/2014 8:11:07 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments: What a sad article, Wendy. Don't get me wrong - truth has to be told, but it is so painful. Our Lord is, indeed, long-suffering. I would have unleashed my fury and wrath long ago. We have to be getting close. I just heard (with my own ears) Rick Warren saying we should all be thankful for Steve Furdick and his contributions to Mars Hill and Christianity and that we shouldn't judge. Yikes! What a guy, huh? Both those hirelings need lots, and I mean lots, of prayer. So sad. But it also makes me very angry. They are leading many to hell. Please don't tarry, Lord! Maranatha!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12191

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 12/30/2014 8:46:23 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: I really mean no disrespect to my Savior, but I am astonished that either Rick Warren, Joel Osteen, Bill Hybels, or any number of todays "spiritual giants", in an attempt to reach the world, haven't come up with a Jesus action figure. Picture it..."Jesus" dressed in a rainbow robe fighting the forces of evil to promote love and social justice. What a way to teach your children!(mabey with a video game or Ipod App to follow). An all inclusive "Jesus" who ignores sin in all its forms, because that would be hateful, judgemental, or just plain mean if he didn't. Heck, you don't even have to believe in Him to be saved, because then he wouldn't be an all-inclusive god(small letters on purpose). All for the low,low price of 30 pieces of silver. Please, to the REAL Jesus...come back soon...the temple has once again been overrun. Please come back for us.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12192

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 12/31/2014 6:31:27 AM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: It would appear to be the forerunner of the Apostate Church of Revelation.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12200

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 1/3/2015 8:06:49 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

A few years back, while I was in San Francisco (my husband was at a conference), I decided to a attend a service at the Glide church. It was beyond wierd. They had a new pastor. He pretty much followed the format you described. However, the pastor mentioned deciding to start a Bible study group. He got 15 people to sign up. When the time came for it, no one showed up. He mentioned this with some wry amusement.

It was the most apostate Christian church service that I have ever attended.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12232

Posted By: ja -
Date: 1/13/2015 12:19:55 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments: woo hoo! sing it girl! been there~ left it, ditched the tee shirt.