Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, November 23, 2017   9:37:55 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
Posted By: Wayne
4/7/2015 9:10:49 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Rev 3:7 (in part): And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write....
Rev. 3:10: "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12482

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 4/7/2015 9:37:57 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 11 PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article Wendy! Laid out clearly and concisely. It was a blessing to read and be reminded of our fast-approaching hope, when we will be joined to our Savior forever. Maranatha!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12483

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 4/7/2015 1:16:44 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Wendy!Rapture truly imminent!

Anton.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12484

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 4/7/2015 3:11:39 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Amen!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12486

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/7/2015 8:52:49 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: I might be wrong in saying and/or believing the following, and I thoroughly expect rocks to be thrown my way by someone reading this, but so be it. I am beginning to believe that Hanegraff, Warren, Osteen, Campolo, Bell, Furtick, ad infinitium ad nauseum, are so stuck on the post Trib view is that, deep, deep down, they really don't believe Scripture in context of Jesus coming back. I believe they are so completely embedded rather in an Amilliniumial(sp?) outlook of the future, and are so convicted in the allegorical outlook of Scripture, that, in this case, their Salvation is actually suspect. I KNOW none of us can know the heart of another, but to me, these guys ALL strike me as false prophets and believe another gospel. For their eternal sake, I hope I am wrong. Far too many people follow them and believe their words. Far too many.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12488

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 4/8/2015 10:45:25 AM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 8 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I would agree with you , Mike.  What it boils down to is this idea that the church has to be purifed through that period.  I agree the church-- even the real church has issues. It's made up of sinful people. But that's the point. He made us clean. We can't do it. And as I pointed out in an earlier column, the seven-year tribulation is the bridal week of the church. What groom is going to spend his honeymoon punishing his wife?   The post-trib viewpoint is ultimately, again, a works trip, just disguised.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12489

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 4/8/2015 11:22:29 AM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 12 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jack wrote an article about that Wendy (regarding a groom punishing his bride) and it was called Does Jesus Beat His Wife? It's been republished several times here on OL but the orginal was from December 14, 2011.

http://www.omegaletter.com/briefs/briefings.asp?BID=3317

Just one of many reasons as your article noted whey the rapture must be pre-trib. 

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12490

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/8/2015 4:03:38 PM
13 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 13 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you for posting Jack's message on this subject, Kerry.  Of course, it is still relevant two years later...why not?  How very encouraging to re-read it, and again, thank you, Kerry. 

Regarding The Church needing "purging"...isn't that what Sanctification is all about?  And that, AFTER Christ paid for ALL of our sins/for all mankind on The Cross - once, for all time.  Having just observed The Passion Week/Resurrection, this should have been clear to believers.  Now that Our Lord and "Savior of the body" (Eph5:23) Jesus Christ is seated at the Right Hand of The Father on The Throne of Grace, "He ever lives to make intercession for them (us)".  Doesn't sound like a "wife-beater" to me, but One Who "loved the church, and gave His life for it..." (Eph.5:25-27)  Also, regarding "The Great Escape" theory/explanation...well, HalleluYAH! that The Lord has one planned for us!  Amen!

Whenever that moment in history will be ("Even so, come, Lord Jesus."), The Bride is said to be readying herself for that "Blessed Hope", when we will "ever be with the Lord".  Innocent

"Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen."  I add my hearty "Amen!" to Brother Paul's, Glory to God!

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12491

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/8/2015 4:04:41 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 9 PrayingPraying

Comments:

SmileThank you for posting Jack's message on this subject, Kerry.  Of course, it is still relevant two years later...why not?  How very encouraging to re-read it, and again, thank you, Kerry. 

Regarding The Church needing "purging"...isn't that what Sanctification is all about?  And that, AFTER Christ paid for ALL of our sins/for all mankind on The Cross - once, for all time.  Having just observed The Passion Week/Resurrection, this should have been clear to believers.  Now that Our Lord and "Savior of the body" (Eph5:23) Jesus Christ is seated at the Right Hand of The Father on The Throne of Grace, "He ever lives to make intercession for them (us)".  Doesn't sound like a "wife-beater" to me, but One Who "loved the church, and gave His life for it..." (Eph.5:25-27)  Also, regarding "The Great Escape" theory/explanation...well, HalleluYAH! that The Lord has one planned for us!  Amen!

Whenever that moment in history will be ("Even so, come, Lord Jesus."), The Bride is said to be readying herself for that "Blessed Hope", when we will "ever be with the Lord".  Innocent

"Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen."  I add my hearty "Amen!" to Brother Paul's, Glory to God!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 12524

Posted By: ja -
Date: 4/15/2015 3:40:38 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 10 PrayingPraying

Comments: Wendy can you help us with an article differentiating the bride from the wife.....I get a little hazy on all that. When the salvation of the Jews is complete won't they be the wife? Will the church. Remain the bride?