Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Wednesday, June 20, 2018   3:29:35 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Thessalonians  4 : 16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Rapture Trap?
Posted By: Kerry
4/17/2015 10:22:09 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Great article Alf! And thanks for your rhetorical question at the end "What are we doing about that?". Unfortunately, too many of us know the answer to that one.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12530

Posted By: Mark R -
Date: 4/17/2015 12:02:56 PM
10 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Alf: good work!!

Sometimes when people use the sit on your blessed assurance argument and want to heckle the pretrib view...I tell them I just have one question for them...I say OK, do you think the early church (before the Romans hijacked it) had the beliefs and ideals that were most correct or do you think the doctrines we hold today have the closest fidelity to what was taught by the apostles? Of course they say the former. I agree and then ask OK so do you think human nature was similar to now? The answer will be yes and I agree. Finally I ask then what do you think some in the early church were thinking they didn't need to invest in the future or work hard, to the point Paul had to admonish them to get to work until the Lord did come and moreover why were the Corinthians deadly afraid they had missed the Lord's return and were left behind? The only logical conclusion is they ALL believed the Lord was coming back (and soon) and it could happen imminently...aka "Pre-trib"... It just makes sense!! But to those who want to argue, I just refuse to do so because as Jack used to tells us it has no bearing on salvation and if you are wrong then it will all be clear when the rapture happens anyway!! [
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12532

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 4/17/2015 3:44:33 PM
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 6 PrayingPraying

Comments: Great article, Alf. I think all the activity is due to spiritual warfare. Satan know we are OH SO close and he wants to take away our "Blessed Hope" (and every other hope). And I also think the anti pre-tribs are perhaps too in love with the world. One of the things Satan hates is when God's children try to separate themselves from the world. (we are in the world, not of it).

Hal Lindsey has said that he is accused of being too heavenly minded to be of any earthly good, but he believes (and I agree) that many Christians (dare I say most?) are too earthly minded to be of any heavenly good. Let them cling to the vanities of this world. We can argue with those that are truly saved on the way up. Maranatha!