Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   2:18:59 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  22 : 13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Snakes and Stones
Posted By: DonEudaly
4/21/2015 8:55:59 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Praying for your situation, peace with the decisions, and continued health. You said it all with "But God knows our needs. Physically, mentally, and spiritually. And Hes in control."

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12539

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 4/21/2015 8:58:00 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments: Many thanks Wendy . . .just exactly what I needed this morning!!!

P.S. Those were Joseph's words in Genesis 50:20!!!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12540

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 4/21/2015 9:15:49 AM
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: The day we get to put down this dimly lit looking-glass, when we are no longer bruised reeds and dimly burning wicks, the day in which the perfect comes, when we are made full, when we know; that will be an excellent day.

But for now, a cloud has come over the earth and God has set His bow in the cloud. Take comfort in it.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12541

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 4/21/2015 11:05:38 AM

Comments:

"After 30 years at the company, his dedication, long hours, spotless performance reviews and consistent results mean nothing."

They mean something to God, Wendy dear, and to you and your family. They are a wonderful testimony to Christ, too. In the end that's all that matters. My mom's assisted living center has a new, young CEO and the many changes are upsetting and sometimes even scary. I am wondering (well, truly not wondering) if these places want these old folks to go away - and not in a nice way. It is disturbing. But God is in it all and it means we are getting oh, so close.

Praying for you and your family, Wendy. So grateful for your articles. We just need to keep focusing on the "face" of Jesus. And maybe, very soon, we will be looking into His loving and compassionate eyes. Doesn't that just give you shivers of anticipation?

Maranatha!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12542

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 4/21/2015 11:39:51 AM

Comments:

All I can say is Amen! Faith in Him is the ONLY way we can really please Him. And sometimes, that's just really difficult if not impossible for any human.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12545

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 4/21/2015 1:53:05 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Im praying for you and your Family Wendy, I hope this move turns out to be a blessing.

Greg

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12546

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 4/21/2015 3:51:41 PM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Agreeing with all the comments Wendy.  I have been listening to quite a few audio teachings on this subject lately.  There are a couple of real good audios by Elisabeth Elliot, on the link below.  I think "Sovereign God in a Broken World" was a recent one that spoke to my heart.

You probably know about Elisabeth Elliot and how her first husband was speared to death.  There were other things that also seemed like "snakes", which she mentions in the audio.  Elisabeth has always been strong in her message of "trusting God" and tells how God will say "Trust Me", when we sometimes ask "why?"

In the work force these days, everyone is expendable and it is sad; but that is the way of this fallen world and the men running the show.  But; we know that God is bigger, right?

and just an added comment:  your message is a good one, for those who are also questioning.

God Bless,
Shelley

http://www.ccob.org/women/default.asp?pg=ffc

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12547

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 4/21/2015 10:13:56 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments: I am highly encouraged by this article, not because I am unsympathetic to your travails, but because it reinforced the fact that I am NOT THE ONLY ONE going through speedbumps in life. This also reinforces the FACT that, in contrasts to every Post-Trib adherent who insists we have to go through the Tribulation, that we will have tribulations, NOT THE TRIBULATION. Stay strong Wendy and all else....we are outta here soon.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12548

Posted By: LindaM -
Date: 4/22/2015 5:30:05 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 5 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Dear Wendy, this message was something my sister and I had been talking about just a couple hours ago!  "Snakes and stones" is a great title!, and I wish that this teaching of Jesus' had come to me then.  Looks like you get the credit for encouraging us, as I am copying your message to share with her!

Since you wrote it yesterday, and I am just getting to it today (the Lord's timing!), please know how much we all appreciate your input into our lives. Your transparency is calming/encouraging...just like Jesus!

Thank you SO much for sharing this very personal story. You and your husband/family will continue to be blessed as you keep trusting in The Lord, and His "Job/Joseph teaching" in your lives.

"Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen." Eph.6:23,24