Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Saturday, November 18, 2017   5:09:22 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Genesis  3 : 15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 18

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Fear of Dying
Posted By: MartinNichols
5/14/2015 9:20:47 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Though we have never met Mr. Robb, you are my brother in Christ. I know for certain the our Father's love for each of us surpasses the love we have for one another. So, you and your family are in teh best of Hands as He walks with you through this difficult time. May He continue to fill your heart with peace and joyful expectation.

Always with His love,

nick
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12626

Posted By: BethJohnson -
Date: 5/14/2015 9:25:50 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments: Praying for you, J.L.! May the Great Physician guide your surgeons hands and may you have a speedy recovery without any complications. Your articles are a blessing to me and I pray that you will be back writing as soon as you're up and about. Blessings and Maranatha!
Beth Johnson
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12627

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 5/14/2015 9:43:36 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Nick, thank you so much for your encouraging words. God warned, and I listened. So often I do not!

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12628

Date: 5/14/2015 9:44:29 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much Beth. Your words are encouraging and thanks so much for the prayers.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12629

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 5/14/2015 10:13:03 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Another excellent article JL. God bless you as you follow up on His divine warning. We are thankful that you are still with us. God bless you brother and give you a good outcome from the open heart surgery in just a few more weeks.
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12630

Posted By: Michael -
Date: 5/14/2015 10:19:48 AM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments:

J.L., my dad suffered from heart disease, although he lived to be 89. Both my brother (72) and myself (69) have shown a propensity toward cardiac problems in the past but today I'm in much better shape than he. I think much of the credit can be attributed to the fact that my wife and I made some major changes in our diet almost four years ago. I'm gonna make some recommendations here, so please don't take offense.

First, two films. "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" is the story of a an Aussie named Joe Cross, and how he reversed some serious medical problems. The second film, "Forks Over Knives", examines a book titled "The China Study". The China Study was authored by T. Coin Campbell, M.D.. Google either Doctor Campbell or a doctor named Caldwell B. Esselstyn. Both he and Dr. Campbell have extensive research on the prevention and reversal of heart disease. I've seen tremendous health benefits from following the advice of these two doctors. Check these things out and let us know what you think.

To quote Woody Allen, It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

God bless you.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12631

Date: 5/14/2015 10:21:15 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Terry for reading all my stuff. Nope, not ready to go yet. Still have books to write and Omega Letter articles

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12633

Posted By: JudithShell -
Date: 5/14/2015 10:52:27 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jerry my prayers are with you, both for your wonderful informative ministry and for Jesus's healing hand on your life! Blessings my brother and friend.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12634

Posted By: JudithShell -
Date: 5/14/2015 10:56:20 AM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry my prayers are with you, both for your wonderful informative ministry and for your healing and safety in Jesus name! Blessings brother!
Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 12635

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 5/14/2015 11:12:55 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Jerry, I truly believe that the meaning of the warning you got is this: to COMPLETELY trust in Jesus and NOT the people or things of this world anymore. I've been praying for you and your family daily for years now. I really enjoyed our talk last year and know how gifted a writer you are (and prophetic) from your books by the grace of God. Listen daily to what the Lord is telling you in your Spirit my friend. I read most bypasses aren't necessary but are extremely lucrative ($60,000) for doctors just like cancer treatments. I'm not trying to tell you what to do except to point out how much the doctors of this world helped Jack (not!) at the end. We're so close to going home i don't want to lose you too or see you miss the Rapture like Jack. I will continue to pray daily that Jesus blesses, heals and protects you and your family. En Agape, dan
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 12636

Posted By: ja -
Date: 5/14/2015 11:25:37 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Awwww prayers up for you Jerry, I know these things are frightful, but somehow the Lord will give us peace. I pray it is in His will to keep you with us for a while as the battle rages.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 12637

Posted By: UliKaestner -
Date: 5/14/2015 12:21:02 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments: My dear J.L.
At age 77 I experienced the same problems, S.O.B. (shortness of breath!!) and wound up with CABG X 6 (Cardiac Artery Bypass Graft).
I am now 3.5 years post op and am praising God.
I am, what is being called in our "Zipper Club Community" at a NEW NORMAL.
Our chests have been split open and then wired together and veins have been harvested from leg(s) and arm(s); all sites which are in need of recovery and healing long term!
While the physical wounds heal eventually, it is the emotional trauma most of us are burdened with.
By the Grace of God, I was recovering at home, all the while being a caregiver to my wife with Parkinson's. An almost impossible combination!
CABG operation are one of the most common and NOT because of physicians looking for a quick $$$. This is nonsense!!!!
CABG, and I do know!! has saved my life.
I would very much like to encourage you to prayerfully await your day for surgery. It is the longest period of your life. The fear you are experiencing is normal but unfounded, as the medical community are experts and the fear of pain? I felt uncomfortable in ICU and any "pain" was well controlled.
Please contact me (ulinancy@sbcglobal.net) anytime.
Blessings.........Uli K.
Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 12638

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 5/14/2015 12:47:12 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying for you Jerry! Another great article and I know that one was from the heart (no pun intended, but if that makes it funny, go for it )

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 12639

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/14/2015 1:08:42 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments: I read all your articles and have developed an affection for your openness. Get the bypass by all means and may the Lord guide your surgeon's hands. But take Michael's advice as well and check out those diets. The blockages can come back if you eat a poor diet and most folks have no idea what constitutes a poor diet.
I'm not scared to be dead, I'm afraid that getting that way may be painful or terrifying and that I'll disgrace my faith by a show of fear. I'm 64 and have atrial fibrulation and am short of breath all the time--I probably wouldn't notice any signs except pain. Dying on the operating table under anesthesia is one of my top choices on ways to go. And yes, our Lord was terrified in that garden, to the point of asking that He need not drink that cup. Fully human. But he drank it. Fully God. You're on the prayer list.
Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 12640

Date: 5/14/2015 1:19:12 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Terry, and thanks for reading my articles!

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 12641

Date: 5/14/2015 1:20:32 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Michael for all the advice and the info. I will check these books out and love the quote!

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 12642

Date: 5/14/2015 1:21:18 PM

Comments:

Thank you Judith. I appreciate your comments and your prayers.

Reply # 17 - ReplyTo ID: 12643

Date: 5/14/2015 1:23:50 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Danman!!! You always have kind words. My surgery is at the VA Hospital in Atlanta and is non-profit, so there is no monetary incentive- almost the opposite. The VA experience is nothing like the news purports, at least my experience. My doctors are all from Emory. I will be back!!

Reply # 18 - ReplyTo ID: 12644

Date: 5/14/2015 1:24:52 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Yep! This was right from the heart! That was good!!

Reply # 19 - ReplyTo ID: 12645

Date: 5/14/2015 1:26:59 PM
11 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you so much Grace for the kind words and the prayers. I am very humbled by everyone's response.

Reply # 20 - ReplyTo ID: 12646

Date: 5/14/2015 1:27:54 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thank you Ja and thank you for reading my articles.

Reply # 21 - ReplyTo ID: 12647

Date: 5/14/2015 1:29:39 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks so much Uli, and thank you for the personal input. I love my Omega Letter family!

Reply # 22 - ReplyTo ID: 12648

Posted By: TrudyBooker -
Date: 5/14/2015 3:37:14 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jerry,

Just want you to know that you are in my daily prayers, and I will definitely be praying harder than ever on June 2.  Love  all of your commentaries, and especially all of the wonderful books you have written!!!!

I wonder if maybe your daughter can post here and let us know how you are doing after the surgery? We will all be anxious to know.

God Bless brother!

Trudy Booker

Reply # 23 - ReplyTo ID: 12649

Posted By: SueB -
Date: 5/14/2015 5:00:30 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 14 PrayingPraying

Comments: Continuing to pray for you!
Reply # 24 - ReplyTo ID: 12650

Posted By: GaleWare -
Date: 5/14/2015 6:00:33 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Comment:  Sorry to hear of your medical problem but I know that you are in God's hands and He is the Great Physician.  You are in my prayers and I am positive that you will be okay.  I love all your articles and am looking forward to reading many more before we are caught up in the Rapture.  Love you and looking forward to the fifth book!

Gale

Reply # 25 - ReplyTo ID: 12651

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 5/14/2015 9:21:30 PM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: Well then, I have to pray extra hard for you Mr. Jerry, even though I strongly feel that you have a few more things to say and do before this dog and pony show is over. Hang in there, you gonna feel mo better soon...hey, you have to...someones gotta give me constructive critisim on the book projects I talked to you about. So no worries, He has you firmly in His Hands!
Reply # 26 - ReplyTo ID: 12652

Posted By: pete -
Date: 5/14/2015 11:04:09 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments: Amen.
Reply # 27 - ReplyTo ID: 12654

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 5/15/2015 4:56:36 AM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments: The left anterior descending artery or widowmaker usually affects men, hence not widowermaker. However, women are not immune and what is worse for women is that the warning signs are often mistaken for something else. This is what happened to my wife.
Reply # 28 - ReplyTo ID: 12655

Date: 5/15/2015 4:57:27 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: GPs are not always as informed as we hope that they are whether thay are privately paid or National Health Service. It took a young GP in-training to order the tests that diagnosed my wife. Then the admin kicked in (this is the real problem with the NHS) and my wife's case went to the bottom of someone's in-tray and was forgotten about.
Reply # 29 - ReplyTo ID: 12656

Date: 5/15/2015 4:58:08 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: Eventually, we overcame that and then we saw the benefits of the NHS. She got first class treatment at new state-of-the-art unit. She was given a stent via the artery in her leg as the route to the heart. She was in overnight. Recovery was almost instant. We were told that she was given the same type of stent as was given to Dick Cheney (US VP a few years ago.
Reply # 30 - ReplyTo ID: 12657

Date: 5/15/2015 4:58:23 AM

Comments: There was regular monitoring follow-up for some years after the operation. The technology they have today is fantastic. This is one of God's many gifts to mankind, do not despise it, as some do. I have seen God heal instantly, gradually, with the help of medics and sometimes take people home. Another friend has had stents for a Triple A, he is doing well. It is not faithless to trust the doctors, especially with the technology that is now at their disposal. I had a ruptured appendix late in life. I was close to death, but never doubted that I would live. It was not my time. I had work to do. be encouraged J.L. Robb. If you've work to do, you'll get through. Every blessing, in Jesus
Reply # 31 - ReplyTo ID: 12658

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 5/15/2015 7:15:08 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying for you,Jerry.Pentecost coming up on the 24th.Rapture??

God Bless,

Anton.

Reply # 32 - ReplyTo ID: 12664

Posted By: KimPointer -
Date: 5/15/2015 1:38:58 PM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Jerry, I pray His guidance for your Drs & The Lord's peace over you and your family. I learned when my Father had a quadruple bypass at about your age, it is very scary for you and your family but for the Drs it is an every day routine that they have perfected. By the way, my Father just turned 90!

Reply # 33 - ReplyTo ID: 12677

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 5/26/2015 4:00:30 PM
15 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 25 PrayingPraying

Comments:

JL I know from your writing you have nothing to fear if the Lord calls you home. I will pray he doesn't, I will pray you recover and are right back here helping us to understand the scriptures as quick as possible.

Greg