Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   7:40:26 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Daniel  12 : 4
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The First Murder
Posted By: PaulLaymon
7/23/2015 9:38:10 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
25 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I forgot, is telomeres the scientific name for toenails?

People who want to live longer in this flesh clearly have not thought this thought through.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 12822

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 7/23/2015 12:10:51 PM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments: I sooo agree with you!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 12823

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 7/23/2015 12:34:32 PM
17 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent article,Jerry!Glad you are well!

Anton.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 12824

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 7/23/2015 12:53:29 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I wouldn't want to live forever here on Earth as it is that's for sure. Sometimes even eternity bothers me a little. What will we do for that long? I'm sure God has it all figured out and if He says it's gonna be great, I believe Him!

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 12825

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 7/23/2015 7:01:15 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I know what you mean, Kerry.  I sometimes ponder eternity and what we will do.  However, this world (after sin) only knows comparrisons, it seems.  Like something is good, because it is compared with what isn't good.  Something is beautiful, because we can compare it to something that isn't.  Also, we are only used to, and know time.  Seasons, time clocks, appointments and all of that.  With no time, in the mix, that just seems weird.  Even though we don't comprehend it all, it will be glorious. 

I bet Adam and Eve had an awful time getting used to doing the opposite of what we will be doing.  They went from perfection and no time, to all the sin and time limits.  That must have been terrible (to put it mildly).

God Bless,
Shelley

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 12826

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 7/23/2015 8:01:10 PM
25 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments: The 1000 years is in a renewed creation. This world with modifications. After that comes the New heavens and earth. That will be forever. God has a whole Universe waiting for us. Science-fiction doesn't come close. Dr. Who - eat your heart out.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 12827

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 7/24/2015 12:15:35 AM
23 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments: 7/8 years ago some Muslims were getting ready to chop off an Italian man's head,and must have expected him to go screaming (and who could have blamed him). Know what he said? He said, and I quote, "I will show you how an Italian man dies". If the Lord takes His time, and I am in the same position, I only hope I can say the same. Caitlin Jenner is not brave or courageous...but my fellow Italian sure was. Talk about huge...intestinal fortitude.
Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 12828

Posted By: Danman -
Date: 7/24/2015 3:10:19 AM
24 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments: Dear Jerry, so very glad you're back as I've missed your articles. Kerry posted you came out of surgery fine right after and obviously our prayers were answered, praise Jesus!!! I pray every day to go home to be with Jesus (over 4 years) as i watch everything deteriorate at an alarming rate. My faith in the Lord and His Word is the ONLY thing that keeps me going. I trust and believe in Him and all His promises completely. Only a fool would want to live forever in a world like the one we have now. No human can make or do what God can do, and history has shown many have tried without success. Humans NEVER learn. I'm so glad that God is control, and always will be.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 12831

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 7/27/2015 8:56:03 AM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for writing Paul. I think the desire to stay in the flesh is normal and also due to fear of the unknown. I touched on this subject when I suddenly discovered I needed open-heart surgery in the following OL article: http://www.omegaletter.com/articles/articles.asp?ArticleID=8050. I plan to write more about this subject and specifically, my experience.

Jerry

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 12832

Date: 7/27/2015 8:58:32 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Grace. And thanks for reading my stuff! I hope to be writing articles again in this week's issue, Thursday.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 12833

Date: 7/27/2015 8:59:07 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Anton, and thanks for the wishes and prayers. I am feeling much better!

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 12834

Date: 7/27/2015 9:01:13 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 16 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Good questions Kerry, and I guess many wonder about such things. I know that during the 5 days I just spent in SICU at the VA Hospital, I thought about many things like this and plan to write about it. Some concepts are just mind-boggling!

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 12835

Date: 7/27/2015 9:02:32 AM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Great comments, Shelley!

Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 12836

Date: 7/27/2015 9:08:35 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 22 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Corin. I think a lot about the "1,000 year" period and what it really means to God. Is it 1,000 years of 365 days per year or is it years like God spoke of in Genesis when he discussed time to him and time to us? I think the new "millenium" and God's Kingdom may be like what the Garden of Eden would have been had they left that tree alone.

Reply # 14 - ReplyTo ID: 12837

Date: 7/27/2015 9:10:37 AM
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I totally agree with you Michael, and Jenner is no hero to anyone, at least by definition. The 5 soldiers killed in Chattanooga were heroes, even though they never made it to the cover of Vanity Fair. God's heroes are not man's heroes.

Reply # 15 - ReplyTo ID: 12838

Date: 7/27/2015 9:12:32 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for the well-wishes Danman and yes! All the prayers pulled me right through. I'm not back to "normal" but am well on the way. This is the first week I have gotten back to writing. My memory is a little foggy, so the articles might be really interesting

Reply # 16 - ReplyTo ID: 12839

Date: 7/27/2015 9:19:07 AM
16 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments: Personal comment: This is the first week I have started writing again since surgery June 9. While it has been an ordeal, I am amazed at the technology and intelligence that God bestows on mankind and not on apes, chimpanzees or dolphins. I hear over and over how "intelligent" dolphins are (the mammal, not the fish), maybe more intelligent than mankind; and i can only ask: When was the last time a dolphin performed open heart surgery, or even mouth-to-mouth? When is the last time a bonobo created a suture or surgical instrument? Man did not evolve from an amoeba. Maybe a bonobo did. God knows all the answers. I appreciate all your prayers and support the last few weeks. It worked.