Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:16:51 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  21 : 6
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Another One Bites the Dust
Posted By: PaulLaymon
9/10/2015 10:46:03 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
25 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 28 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

In Jeremiah 25, God used "His servant", Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, to punish and remove His chosen people, who had become pagans and idolaters. At Neb's hand, they became: utterly destroyed, a horror, a hissing, an everlasting desolation, joyless, gladness-less, unproductive.

God also used the Kings of Assyria and other pagans to destroy and remove His people, due to their idolatry and paganism.

Since first seeing ISIS rampaging through Babylonia, destroying ancient religious "artifacts" as they go, I've wondered the terrible thought that maybe they are being used to fulfill an ordained purpose.

We are in a different dispensation than that of Jeremiah and Isaiah and thankfully, God does not deal with us (those who believe that the consumption of Jesus' flesh and the drinking of His blood is a requirement for life) in the way He dealt with His people in those days. But God does not change and He is outside of time. So a temple to a false god that His people sacrificed to in defiance of Him 2K yrs ago, even though it remains as only a shell and reminder, remains a provocation in His face.
.."Before me, no god was formed, nor will there be one after me." (Is. 43:10).

Jerry, I'm grateful for this article and the way you have pointed out our despicable habits and behaviors, relative to those of the past.

I would only add that we are in the closing moments of the annual Days of Repentance, which concludes with the Day of Trumpets, followed by the Days of Awe, the Festival of Dwellings, and the Last Great Day.

So you've brought to our attention today that one of the great artifacts from history, which God has clearly hated, has been destroyed by an evil people. Knowing that He has used such people in the past to wipe out other things worshiped, let those of us up here on this wall, use this time to:

• take stock of our own lives,
  • remove any vile image that we may have before the face of God,
  • repent,
  • then go and sound the alarm that God will have vengeance and His Day is coming, so look busy (no, of course I didn't mean that, but it is a funny way to consider our normal response to things, and an idea which I stole from the late, great JK).

But seriously, Jonah would probably be holding up a sign imploring: REPENT, THE END IS NEAR!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13012

Posted By: ja -
Date: 9/10/2015 11:26:54 AM
21 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 15 PrayingPraying

Comments: saw that Albert Pike statue in DC remains up
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13013

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 9/10/2015 11:37:09 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 18 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ja, what is the Pike statue?

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13014