Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, September 25, 2018   9:03:38 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Timothy  6 : 20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Devilís Chapel
Posted By: Kerry
9/15/2015 12:22:20 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
36 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 29 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
It's becoming more and more clear that Satan will gladly tell us exactly what we want to hear but to know the truth, we must seek it diligently and treasure it above all else. So very difficult to do, but you do an amazing job of it Wendy and I thank you for your efforts.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13028

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 9/15/2015 9:57:27 PM
28 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 30 PrayingPraying

Comments: I will stay on topic of the church of
Thyatira for 3 points: 1., I am SO glad I left the catholic church over 30 years ago, largely due to all its voodoo; 2., as a chid and young adult, I NEVER felt like I wasn't going to hell or at least "purgatory", and had no concept of true salvation; 3., satan must really love(as the catholic laity does) ritual for the purpose of obfuscation as to the real purpose of it all. I know it was pretty blasphemous, but the movie "Eyes Wide Shut" really illustrated the power said ritual had on people. Shoot, it cost poor Stanley Kubrick his life after that sick puppy hit the silver screen.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13029

Posted By: TrudyBooker -
Date: 9/16/2015 5:48:25 PM
26 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 23 PrayingPraying

Comments: Bill and I visited Peters Basilica around 10 years ago. It gave both of us an erie (creepy) feeling. Very unfamiliar to these two old Southern Baptist hillbillies! LOL! Thanks Wendy. Always enjoy your commentaries.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13030

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 9/17/2015 12:47:15 PM
30 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 25 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks, all,  and it was a pretty creepy feeling. (But not as much as all the people praying to Mary at her house in Ephesus.

My parents are appalachian, so I guess that  makes me a hillbilly,  and I am now, in Mississippi, a southern Baptist. So I completely know what you are saying.

Love you all. Really. and Thanks again.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13032

Posted By: WarrenBowdoin -
Date: 9/17/2015 4:17:00 PM
24 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 24 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I remember my trip there.  I was certainly uncomfortable but i decided just to enjoy the art and the experience; i've learned a lot of things about the place since.  When i finally got to the room with the fresco's on the ceiling, I was stunned to see that it was hundreds of small paintings rather than one big painting of God touching man.  the power of picutres i guess.  I was also pretty amazed when i saw the david and it wasn't 10 inches tall...  and the pantheon, it was raining that day and i must say the effect was pretty cool.  i liked the building as a building... this was all before we had children.  Now i have two and they are going to catholic school largely because i had always wanted a private school education for my kids; and my wife is mexican.

they are ahead in math and science and reading but when they come home with rosaries, saint birthdays and such...  i feel like i die just a little bit inside.  I explained to my daughter that school was to learn about religion but my job is to teach her what faith is... this is a battle i can't lose.  God help me.