Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, September 23, 2018   10:11:20 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Galatians  2 : 21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 23

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Its the End of the World as We Know It
Posted By: Michael
10/8/2015 12:48:42 PM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
19 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 29 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
"I have never read Revelation out loud, but I plan to."

Almost three years ago, I came close to death due to a staph infection settling into my spine, adjacent to my heart. While recuperating at home, I spent a LOT of time in my recliner. All day, all night, sat there, slept there, basically couldn't move. To help me pass the time, my daughter gave me an iPad. While looking at the 'apps' available I located one called "Bible.is". While there are many others, one nice feature of this one is that it 'speaks' Scripture which is a handy thing if you're having trouble reading.

One night I had been listening when I dozed off. (When Bible.is reaches the end of a Book, it simply goes to the next Book.) I can't recall where I nodded off, but when I awoke in the middle of the night it was reading me The Book of the Revelation. I had read Revelation before on a number of occasions, but it NEVER got my attention as it did that night complete with musical background and sound effects!

After that, I began doing my Bible reading out loud. There are several reasons - one of which is I'm more likely to concentrate on the words - but I find reading Scripture aloud is a great study aid. I highly recommend it!
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13123

Posted By: Kari -
Date: 10/27/2015 8:52:42 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 17 PrayingPraying

Comments:

We heard you James...banned.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13117

Posted By: JamesMurphy20151026 -
Date: 10/26/2015 8:26:16 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 21 PrayingPraying

Comments: All I ask is that you look in my wake and listen to what I have to say
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13074

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 10/8/2015 10:25:45 PM
20 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 19 PrayingPraying

Comments: Mr. Jerry, you ain't kidding about evangelists, televangelists, smellevangilists, you name it, making a fast buck on the newest book, DVD, etc., regarding blood moons, signs, visions and everything else imaginable. We homeschool our daughter and receive a lot of catalogs for books and such. Easily, 98 percent of the items have everything BUT the Rapture available for your "best time ever NOW". It is amazing to me how incredibly dumb, obtuse, and uninformed so many "Christians" are. I guess that part about "Wise as a serpent but innocent as a dove" got lost in translation.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13073

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 10/8/2015 2:04:17 PM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 20 PrayingPraying

Comments:

It's interesting how God works on us. I spent a lot of time in my new recliner chair, though I can finally sleep in bed. The surgery gave me an opportunity to communicate with God a lot more than usual. I am going to read Revelation out loud. It makes sense! 

Glad you got over the staph infection. They can be difficult to get rid of.