Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   7:39:54 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  17 : 9
And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Great Balls of Fire
Posted By: Carolee
1/28/2016 10:13:44 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

As always great commentary except Genesis 11:31 says . . .

And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

i.e. Abraham's nephew . . . his brother Haran's grandson.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13316

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 1/28/2016 10:52:11 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Carolee for pointing that out. Can't believe I did that... Well, maybe I can. I corrected and sent to Omega Letter so it should be reposted today. I didn't think anyone would mind if I modified the relationship just a little!!

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13318

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 1/28/2016 7:50:21 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I used to read with excitement, the investigations and findings of Ron Wyatt. But as I probed deeper into his work, I was forced to become a little educated in 7th Day Adventists and the "Prophetess", Ellen G. White. This was disappointing to me because Ron had become somewhat of an Indiana Jones hero figure to me, using the Bible to re-consider accepted archaeology, allowing him to discover things, not previously known to a world audience.

Sadly, Ron died shortly after claiming to have found, and secretly documented the Ark of the Covenant.

I believed then and still consider possible, that God would only allow so much twisting of details on issues that are critical to His story.

Nonetheless, it was entertaining to me for a while and left me with this one great life-lesson. When used as the only source of, absolutely-reliable-in-every-detail, truth; the Bible, through the guiding of the Holy Spirit and faith in Jesus, the only way to God, can show us incredible things about this world we live in and the eternity being prepared for us. So much so, that every day can be an exciting excursion into great insight and wisdom that the people of the world do not get to have and cannot see.

Like the purest of sulfur balls, this life is a rare jewel and when your focus is true, its also a lot less stinky.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13319

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 1/28/2016 9:03:24 PM

Comments: It really cracked me up the first time "biblical experts" stated the real sin of Sodom was lack of hospitality. Geesh, I bet even Emily Post(boy, am I dating myself) didn't realize that forced sodomy was supposed to be a sign of TRUE hospitality and proper manners. Who knew?
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13320

Date: 1/30/2016 10:21:24 AM

Comments:

That was a great last sentence Paul. I started to include Ron Wyatt in the article- he found chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea- but there is also a lot of negativity about his work. One never knows if the negativity is fromcompetitive researchers or someone who just hates the possibility of a "proof" of God. 

Nevertheless, biblical archeology is very interesting and getting moreso every day.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13321

Date: 1/30/2016 10:23:28 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Exactly Mike. They were not very friendly but did want to be familiar. I think we have a few Sodom and Gomorrahs around the world.