Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Sunday, February 25, 2018   8:27:50 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  17 : 3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Living on a Prayer
Posted By: Carolee
5/23/2016 9:41:00 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
12 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

This is an outstanding commentary in every way Pete but I feel compelled to mention in particular the here and now truth of "Scripturally speaking, we were forewarned that these times would be like this." which is so very true but I guess I for one just never expected to live to see it!!!

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13495

Posted By: KathyPrice -
Date: 5/23/2016 10:49:23 AM
18 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Another great, spot on article, Pete. So very true about feeling alone in our beliefs and the passion we feel for what is to come. Even if you are preaching to the choir, it is encouraging to us choir members! Keep up the good work!
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13496

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 5/23/2016 10:56:34 AM
22 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: I can identify with nearly everything on that list. Pete, if you impact only the readers of your articles you are performing a critical service for the Lord and the church, because without you there would be yet another void in Christendom. Right up there with evangelism is teaching and equipping the saints. It doesn't matter how large an audience you reach, instruct, inform and encourage. You're in the thick of the Lord's will in my opinion.

Holiness has gone by the wayside and the last days are upon us. I knew it was coming but am amazed at how quickly it's escalating. I'm enraged and sickened by all the stupid wickedness out there. It also frightens me. Sites like this and articled by you and others is what keeps me going as I can't find a church that hasn't sold out to the culture.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13497

Posted By: ShelleyB -
Date: 5/23/2016 2:32:40 PM
14 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Ah, Pete. Thank you so much. After I read the article and the comments I went back to look at the article again and was struck by the title. Soooo appropriate. He definitely is The Bread of Life to me these days. Without His sustenance I couldn't go on. And just seeing your "list" reminded me that I am His "Beloved." He is still at work refining me - getting me ready for the marriage supper. Getting me to obey Him and to trust Him. I am blessed and highly favored (although it certainly doesn't feel that way much of the time).

It definitely is a constant spiritual battle to fight against feelings, doubts, and fears as the battle not only is unrelenting, but accelerating. The feeling of being alone is so discouraging. But, we aren't alone, are we? Your article proved we have each other. And one day, hopefully SOON, we will not only meet Him, but each other face to face, too!.

Thanks again, Pete.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13498

Posted By: PaulLaymon -
Date: 5/23/2016 8:31:33 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

And how does Scripture confim that the enemy is in the church?  The mustard seed parable.  The same evil one who picks up the seeds on the roadside, in verses 4 & 19 of Matthew 13, is at rest in the mustard tree branches in verse 32.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13499

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 5/23/2016 9:26:23 PM

Comments: For once, I am commentless, because you said it all...outstanding article Pete.
Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13500

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 5/24/2016 7:17:34 AM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

This was excellent, Pete.  Thanks and God Bless!

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13501

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 5/24/2016 3:50:47 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I can't add a unique respsone but only say Bravo! Pete. Excellent article and I second all of the above comments.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13502

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 5/25/2016 1:53:34 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I am fortunate to be in a Bible reading congregation. When we left the Presbyterian USA we lost members but we now are free of that. Unfortunately, I will be leaving town and moving to a very liberal/ New Age town. I don't know if I will find a church there. So I might have to walk with God on my own. I know I will have challenges. I suspect that God is sending me there as a soldier for Christ, a watchman on the wall to warn the lost.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 13508

Posted By: Anton -
Date: 5/26/2016 12:06:00 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Excellent Pete!Even so,Come,Lord Jesus.Rapture imminent.

Anton.

Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 13515

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 5/29/2016 11:37:32 PM

Comments: This is such an encouraging article, Pete! I thank The Lord for your wisdom and insight that always soothes my trepidation and uplifts me for another day of battle in this cruel world. More and more each day I wonder how our beloved Father can stand one more second of all He sees happening. I am sorry He, in all His loving kindness to us, has to bear it to continue to make available salvation in Jesus to those He desires to come to Him. I have to remind myself to be patient for their sake, and also for mine so that I can come to love and trust Him more. Even so, I am 'homesick' and ready to leave this sin-sick world behind!