Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   7:52:27 PM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Revelation  17 : 9
And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

On Idolizing Scripture
Posted By: BobT
6/24/2016 9:50:08 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Alf,

Great article! There is really no qualitative difference between this convoluted approach/interpretation toward Scripture and those of other false religions, such as Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses (which is an oxymoronic name in itself!). Twisting and cherry-picking what is clearly, and plainly taught to bring about one's own predetermined belief system is hardly what could be called theology.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13576

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 6/24/2016 10:56:06 AM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Instead of writing books about their doubts, such people ought to seek a good bible teacher who can answer their questions. They think they're the teachers when they should still be in the classroom. But they won't because truth isn't what they're after.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13578

Posted By: DaleWarford -
Date: 6/25/2016 4:51:28 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Just wanted to make a comment regarding a small portion of your discussion Alf regarding Peter Enns. The atheists and hard core skeptics always run to the passages in Deuteronomy and in Joshua where they accuse God and Israel of planning and executing genocide in the Land of Canaan. I don't buy it! I've found this topic to be a fascinating study for me.

The ethics over killing other human beings is largely based on the "reason" human beings are killed. It is only murder if the killing is undertaken for the wrong reason. If the nations under the ban were killed for the wrong reason then it would have been immoral. But they were not exterminated for the wrong reason. The wickedness that was present within those peoples cannot be fully comprehended by humans in this day and age. AND I am convinced that their genetics were not fully human. The genetic manipulation had, as the Scriptures have indicated, begun again and developed while Israel was 400 years in Egypt.

Many believers regard this as preposterous. We all will know for sure down the road of human history at the appointed time.

I enjoyed your commentary very much Alf!