Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Tuesday, June 19, 2018   12:46:44 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

2 Peter  3 : 3
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 19

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Dark Rivers of the Heart
Posted By: Anton
9/5/2016 11:09:38 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
8 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:

Thanks Pete!and Amen.Let us all aspire to enter into God's REST. We are on the edge of Eternity!
Anton.

Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13735

Posted By: KarenBrennan -
Date: 9/7/2016 2:03:51 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I echo Anton's and Mark's posts.  Pete, thank you for an incredibly insightful, encouraging and uplifting article.  Yoke easy - burden light - as long as we are walking the path that's according to His will and keeping our eyes on Jesus. We never walk alone. God bless you, dear brother in Christ.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13730

Posted By: PamelaSwisher -
Date: 9/6/2016 6:00:51 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments:

"this is why Satan introduces the Nephilim into the world through the intermingling of the fallen angels with human women, not only so he could corrupt mankind genetically, but also, to create beings who were powerful enough to get back into the garden so that man could have access to the Tree of Life again and be doomed forever?"

Many years ago I read "The Epic of Gilgamesh" an ancient Akkadian poem about Gilgamesh who according to the poem is the offspring of a god and a woman and who had great strength and power. Some archeologists believe he was a real person although doubting his reputed powers. In the story, Gilgamesh, knowing that he is mortal, goes on a journey to find the tree of life in order to gain immortality. He finds it, but is unable to reach it because (as I remember it) it is too deep underwater. In his journey, he also meets Upnapishtim who survived the great flood. His story sounds a bit like Noah's story but is corrupted. Gilgamesh's name is also seen in a Qumran scroll from 100BC called the "Book of Giants".

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13727

Posted By: Greg S/CG -
Date: 9/6/2016 1:11:58 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

What Mark Thompson said goes fo me as well,

Pete this is very good and it has lifted me up today!  

Greg 

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13722

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 9/5/2016 12:15:25 PM
7 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: Thank You Pete for a very uplifting and comforting article!
Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13721

Posted By: Mark Thompson -
Date: 9/5/2016 11:12:18 AM
9 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 3 PrayingPraying

Comments: Pete, I have greatly enjoyed your articles over the years. I must say the latest ones have been extra great. Your picture of the Christian walk being like a person swimming upstream against the current is awesome. I thought about my own walk/swim in this life. As you so well put it, there were times where I just drifted along with the current. As the years have rolled by, I have asked the Lord to give me a sense of urgency and strength for living for him.
Like many here, I long so much to hear the Trumpet of the Archangel calling us home. There are things that give me pause, many of my family and friends do not know Christ, and I feel there are things the Lord has called me to do that are not done. I need to be more active faithful about his business.
I thank God for your writing and insight, may he more richly bless you!