Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Thursday, September 20, 2018   12:32:15 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

1 Timothy  6 : 20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Call Me Eliphaz
Posted By: Michael
9/6/2016 9:34:28 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 4 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Well! This was certainly a well-deserved trip to the woodshed for me!

Your employment will go on my prayer list. And enjoy London. Just be careful. They actually believe kidneys are food!

And for what it's worth, I lived in New Richmond many years ago and I still have family in Bethel and Amelia.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13723

Posted By: Bernieol -
Date: 9/6/2016 10:18:45 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Wendy - I don't post much (at all.) I am amazed at how God works, even with text books!

Thank God for prayers answered and more importantly, prayers still needing to be prayed!

Have fun in England and may God bless you with the perfect job. He has taken well care of me over 60 years and He will do the same for you!

I will continue to pray for you.....Bernie

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13724

Posted By: LizGillum -
Date: 9/6/2016 11:03:02 AM
6 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

I loved your article. God has brought me through so many scary trying times but yet I still have that moment of panic when something unexpected happens. It is so encouraging to know that you struggle too. But yet there are those moments when I have just managed released all of the burdens of worry and the experience is heavenly. I am praying that both of us will experience more of those heavenly moments. I too need to take my own advice, worry is living in a future that has not and may not happen. That future belongs to God.

Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13725

Posted By: Corin Keiler-Lloyd -
Date: 9/6/2016 11:38:35 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 2 PrayingPraying

Comments: Go to London. It may be that God has something for you there.
Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13726

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 9/6/2016 12:29:45 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

What a timely commentary Wendy.  I just lost my job (this past week) as well.  Funny thing, I really believe that the Lord's Hand was in all of that.  The job was not what it once was, and I was very stressed.  I don't know what He has in store; BUT I do know, that He has something in mind.  Trust, Trust and more Trust (aka Faith).  He has NEVER let me down. 

I was listening to a Bible study this morning, and how we sometimes go through similar trials over and over because we forget within 24 hours,  what the Lord did for us.  And so, we have to learn (the faith lesson) all over again.  It sure made sense.  We can be like the children of Israel traveling in the wilderness, right?

God does the miraculous, we are thankful and than soon forget. 

I will pray for you, that the Lord brings everything that you need, Wendy.  I really loved the whole story about Abby's books.  God does work the miraculous!

Thanks and God Bless.
Shelley

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13729

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 9/6/2016 4:26:08 PM
5 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks for sharing Wendy!

To Do List

Pray that Wendy finds a job

Done!

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13731

Posted By: ChristineB -
Date: 9/6/2016 7:25:21 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Praying for you, Wendy!

-ChristineB

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13732

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 9/6/2016 10:01:34 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments: I swear, you (and others) articulated virtually VERBATIM the junk I am experiencing right now. I will pray for you guys if you will pray for me...deal? And Wendy, there must be something about Washington University and their apparent aversion to A.C,(no, not him), because my family had almost the same experience when my sister went there @1968. Geesh, you would think they would have put AC in by now!
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13733

Posted By: Carolee -
Date: 9/6/2016 10:08:58 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Those textbooks . . . just when you're tearfully ready to (like Abby) accept that all is lost our Lord proceeds to literally take your breath away!!!

As Jeremiah 33:3 proclaims "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not"!!!

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 13734

Posted By: EllenDudley -
Date: 9/6/2016 11:13:42 PM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: I'm praying just as you asked, Wendy. I believe God is doing it for you, right now.
Thanks for all your wonderful articles. I look forward to the next one.
Ellen
Reply # 10 - ReplyTo ID: 13736

Posted By: ShelleyMessenger -
Date: 9/7/2016 7:19:48 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Adding my prayers for you also, Michael.  God Bless.

Reply # 11 - ReplyTo ID: 13737

Posted By: WendyWippel -
Date: 9/7/2016 3:06:02 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks so much to all of your for your comments, and I just want to let you all know that it means so much to me and I know to you all too to know that, despite how it may seem in our day to day lives, there are people out there who understand where we are as a church and what it really means to fight the good  fight.  Especially in this Me-centered, megachurch, God wants you to have it all,  conspicuous consumption culture.

Where whose name is on your handbag seems to be the sum total of your worth. 

Well, maybe not fo you, Michael.  How big your belt buckle is? I don't know.

Anyway, the calls to sin in America 2016 are so subtle! And  we're so busy we let down our guard!   At least I know I do.

Thanks for being there and sharing your souls and struggles with me.  

Reply # 12 - ReplyTo ID: 13738

Posted By: MichaelMerola -
Date: 9/7/2016 9:59:35 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Belt buckle..not so big. Belt SIZE??? Don't wanna talk about it. Praying for every last child of God here!!!
Reply # 13 - ReplyTo ID: 13741

Posted By: BobbyeKay -
Date: 9/8/2016 11:22:58 PM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Did you cry or laugh hysterically when the USPS man told you he had the books!! I think I would have! What a moment of experiencing 'a God thing', i.e. miracle! I have been extra blessed over the past 4 years since I totally "let go, and Let God" have total control. I had a profound experience that certainly cracked the faith barrier for me! Left myself and fortunately my husband KNOW God loves us and will never forsake us! When I do my 'stupid human thing' and react like one to some little (or big) adversity, I am able to give my cares back to God so much faster these days. Kinda like the old saying, Don't Go To Sleep Angry, I no longer go to sleep worried or upset without turning it all over to him. Granted I may struggle with a problem all day long even after asking God to help me figure it out. But, if I haven't figured out what to do by bedtime ... then, I give to God to handle. He never fails me! He is my Wonderful Loving Father! Even so, I am ready to be AWAY from this world and with Jesus. Looking up for Him always lifts my spirit!