Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, November 20, 2017   10:17:45 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

Matthew  24 : 7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 20

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

Ready Reasons - Wendy Wippel

The End The Book Part 6

Faith Soaps and Love

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

The Professors of the Modern-Day Church
Posted By: Gracemer
9/8/2016 11:26:27 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
I was inspired by this article. Inspired to write what I think about all this stuff. The born again, the elect, the called out ones. That's the church and no others should be allowed into our worship services. Congregating is for the edification and equipping of the saints. We go out into the world to preach the gospel, we don't invite the world in. We are to remain unspotted by the world. We are to cast the leaven out. We are not to allow unbelievers to approach the Lord's table. We are not here to save the world, we are being saved out of the world. We are called to holiness and to be separate. We are the few. Only in that way can we maintain our saltiness. To me there is no more beautiful sound than the voices of the saints raised in song to our Redeemer. Songs about Jesus--not songs about how we feel about being saved. Let's keep our focus on Him.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13739

Posted By: Gracemer -
Date: 9/8/2016 11:29:20 AM
4 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: It would be okay to have a community night where all kinds of music could be played as well as other entertainments to attract unbelievers, but let's keep them out of the sanctuary until they're saved. Jesus said the world would know us by our love. He didn't mean our love for the world, He meant our love for our brethren. How do we then tolerate having a pastor draw a salary for preaching the Word? He's a burden on the poor. How do we tolerate the unchristian imposition of tithing? It's a burden on the poor. How do we treat the poor among us? Not very well, we're so busy showing off to the world.
Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13740

Date: 9/8/2016 11:49:27 AM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: A little leaven leaveneth the whole. I dislike seeing the church turned into a daycare center for nonbelievers in the hope they will convert. That's not how it works. What you said about prophecy is true. It is so important and we're in the thick of it. Know something? Even atheists are interested in what the Bible has to say about end time prophecy. It's a great conversation opener. It's a pity certain preachers don't want to talk about it. I'd toss them out on their ears, Chrislamists too (like Rick Warren), but nobody has guts anymore. Thanks for letting me get a little of this off my chest.
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13742

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 9/9/2016 8:52:39 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

That last sentence is the kicker. We don't (America) seem to be focusing on Jesus except by distorting his meaning.

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13743

Date: 9/9/2016 8:56:33 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I do believe the Church outreach should be inclusive, but we should not endorse sin in order to increase membership. I guess I feel the church as a whole, and synagogues as well, are hospitals for sinners, not the saved. Unfortunately, we have turned many churches into entertainment complexes and don't mention "tough" subjects in their sermons, ie. alternate lifestyles, addictions and abortion.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13744

Date: 9/9/2016 8:57:55 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

You are very welcome and should be a writer! Glad I tickled this emotion. 

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13745

Posted By: HarryPaul -
Date: 9/9/2016 11:00:58 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Gracemer,

Spot on, I agree with all your comments. I guess we knew the church would come to this. What I do know is it's our duty to fight back. So let's keep on fighting.

Harry

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13747

Date: 9/9/2016 7:05:56 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Jerry, you're very gracious. After I wrote this stuff and pressed "send," I got a terrible feeling you would be offended. But you weren't!

All saints are sinners, but Christians have been redeemed. So in a way, worship can be a hospital for them. But those sinners who are not redeemed aren't sick. They're dead. We can't have their corpses littering our places of worship. 'Nuf said.
Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13750

Date: 9/10/2016 11:44:39 AM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Comments:

Laughing It takes a lot to offend me. I have 2 daughters!