Home | Forums | Bible | +Width | Subscribe | Member Login

Monday, June 25, 2018   12:29:34 AM  

Welcome to The Omega Letter   Daily Briefings Commentary News Room   Contact OL Site Map How Do I?
Testimonials Prophecy Israel Globalism Terror In Defense Around the World War News Witnessing Perspective Commentary

Omega Letter Member Log In

John  3 : 16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Read Today's Proverb - Chapter 25

Why Subscribe?
Subscribe Online   Online
Subscribe By Mail   By mail
Contribute
Public Registration

Forum

Zeteo 3:16 with Alf and Alesia Cengia

THE END THE BOOK THE SERIES: J.L. Robb

The End The Book Part 6

Bible Prophecy News Christian Current Events

Daily Brief Commentary Contributed Help Forums

Omega Letter - Commentary Discussion

Giving God the Credit
Posted By: Gracemer
11/17/2016 10:58:45 AM

Reverse

Original Commentary Link
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ 1 PrayingPraying

Member Comments:
Man! I really liked this one! You made a list of what we love as a nation. I'll just tack on a short list of what we hate: Thieves, liars, and lawbreakers--especially the ones we pay to serve us. There's rampant lawlessness throughout our country, from the top of government right down to our borders. As Trey Gowdy said at one of the congressional committee meetings regarding our borders, "the day is coming when you will cry out for the law, and it won't be there." Mr. Trump has promised to hold their (government) feet to the fire and he can't do it too soon to suit me. Good one Jerry.
Reply # 1 - ReplyTo ID: 13910

Posted By: DonaldPalmer -
Date: 11/17/2016 11:35:44 AM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Nice article J.L. This is something I often tell people: The first sentence in the book of Genesis is "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." If and when you can take that at face value and believe it, it makes understanding the rest of the Bible much easier....
He is our Creator and he wants us to acknowledge that and praise Him as that.

Reply # 2 - ReplyTo ID: 13911

Posted By: TerryReed -
Date: 11/17/2016 1:31:29 PM
3 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments: Excellent article JL! It's funny how the only one who truly has reason to boast doesn't while men who owe any abilities they have to God gloat and brag as though they had given themselves those talents.
Way to focus on the God of Creation and bring glory to His name! He is worthy!!
Reply # 3 - ReplyTo ID: 13912

Posted By: Martha E -
Date: 11/17/2016 4:59:57 PM
1 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

so true - it is all about him and not about us - it is easy to get caught up in life and forget that very important fact. great article and a great reminder.  

Reply # 4 - ReplyTo ID: 13913

Posted By: Kerry -
Date: 11/17/2016 5:35:14 PM
2 Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

I stopped watching the NFL this year, too. It's just too annoying. I plan on not only giving God the credit but also to thank Him for all my blessings a week from today! Actually, I try to do that daily but I definitely won't forget to do that next Thursday.

Reply # 5 - ReplyTo ID: 13915

Posted By: JLRobb -
Date: 11/18/2016 8:28:08 AM
Shout AMEN!Amen ~ PrayingPraying

Comments:

Thanks Grace and agree with all you said. Trump, as good or bad as he may be, seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. We will know soon.

Reply # 6 - ReplyTo ID: 13916

Date: 11/18/2016 8:29:19 AM

Comments:

Thanks for reading, and you are so correct. Once the reader of the Bible becomes convinced it is true, the story gets even more interesting.

Reply # 7 - ReplyTo ID: 13917

Date: 11/18/2016 8:30:23 AM

Comments:

Thasnk you Terry. He is worthy and He does send reminders. We often seem to miss them.

Reply # 8 - ReplyTo ID: 13918

Date: 11/18/2016 8:31:18 AM

Comments:

Thanks Martha. Unfortunately I am sometimes guity as charged. Humility is not an easy thing.

Reply # 9 - ReplyTo ID: 13919

Date: 11/18/2016 8:32:53 AM

Comments:

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful Holiday! The next 30-40 days are my favorites of the year.